Non-news TV things you hate.

NEWSSHOOTER3

One More

Just saw another one... the "Just for Men" hair product commercials...!?! The one's with the two has been sports dudes? Just PAINFULL...!!! :eek:

Freddie Mercury

The entertainment programs that show celebs being mobbed by gangs of papparazzi and talk about how they are being besieged while just trying to go about their lives, acting like the cameras weren't there to get a check from tabloid television shows like the one we are watching.

Thank GOD I don't shoot in L.A.!

Todio

Lol!!

How about, WE'LL SELL YOU THE WHOLE SEAT BUT YOU'LL ONLY NEED THE EDGE!!!

But seriously, what's up with having commercials on TV?
My God, I just heard that one yesterday! Of course, they were using it as a joke because they were advertising the Royal Winter Fair's horse show like a monster truck show. "See racing!, jumping! and dressage! We'll sell..." You get the idea. Very funny spot.

Re: commercials Someone once told me that TV shows are that annoying pause between commercials. Commercials are why over the air TV is free. Advertisers pay for the airtime and in exchange you watch their pitch. Marketing 101

AlexLucas

I'm going to agree with the kids in commercials.

If you put your child in a television commercial, expect a Menendez-style killing in your house a couple decades later.

I saw a commercial recently for a mattress store.
It was your standard "mattress king" advertisement, and well, besides the obvious implied "mattress king" joke, there was his thirteen year old son as the "prince of mattresses" in the commercial.

The boy was petrified. You could literally see it on camera, like, "kill me now, " petrified. "Why is my dad ruining my life?" petrified.

I think that qualifies as cruel and unusual punishment to a tween.

Anyone that does theme based commercial that isn't something that automatically makes EVERYONE laugh, should be ticketed, and forced to make a court appearance. Let the judge sort it out.

Baltimore Shooter

While watching a race, the commentator says "And here we see so-and-so passing so-and-so for the lead..."

Yes, I know what the hell I am seeing, I have eyes! If I didn't, I wouldn't be watching the freakin' television! Jeez.

Warren

Birdy

The "look at my cute kids" commercials are seriously annoying, along with the "canned" commercials where they have the business owners give a a few lines on their business in front of a generic background. Local television talk shows with no cut-aways, b-roll, or even a package to introduce the subject and hosted by some egotistical Bill Moyer wannabe. Game shows that drag on and on for drama.

lucky13

For those of you that have one in your area...the "Sticks-N-Stuff" commercials featuring the "talented" Tina Gordon..ex-driver of the Sticks-N-Stuff race car...just plain BAD!

Baltimore Shooter

Another thing I hate...when there's any program about NASA or space exploration, and the story mentions the astronauts have landed, the voiceover will always say "Back on terra firma..." Don't become verbose or try to get cute with the freakin' script, just say "Back on solid ground..." or "Back home on Earth...".

Warren