Non-news TV things you hate.

Chicago Dog

Remember when The Matrix came out? The scene in which a score of still cameras were fired off in sequence when Neo dodged bullets and Trinity delivered a jump-kick to a cop? TGIFridays was the first to imitate that commercial not weeks later, followed by an assload of other imitators.

Along those lines:

For me, it's the sudden rash of commercials involving someone walking between vehicles stopped in time. Allstate does it. I just saw a commercial involving diesel engines doing it. Another involved concrete sewer pipes crashing onto the road below.

Also, the score of light-pen commercials Sprint put out. Yes, that one commercial was neat -- in the park? Cool. Great. I don't need to see the same effect selling your product in fifteen different commercials.

Canonman

Most any car dealer commercial. I often wonder who the hell comes up with those ideas. There's a guy that pretends to be tied to a local dealership that is in fact doing ads for car dealerships all over the country. That really chaps my a$$.

cm

Chicago Dog

Another thing that grinds my gears is when I can't find the droids I'm looking for.
I'm telling you, there was something about that old guy waiving his hand around in front of your face. The kid in the seat next to him kept giving me looks.

rocky1138

I just thought now was a good time to let you all know that I'm not a vegetarian b/c I love animals, I'm a vegetarian b/c I hate plants.

Baltimore Shooter

Most any car dealer commercial. I often wonder who the hell comes up with those ideas. There's a guy that pretends to be tied to a local dealership that is in fact doing ads for car dealerships all over the country. That really chaps my a$$.

cm
Add to that carpet store commercials.

Also, obviously fake sound effects in those clip shows like "most shocking" etc.

Warren

Wideangle

Any locally produced ad. In our area it would be a toss up between Eastern Motors
and Barry Glazier...(the "don't urinate on my leg and tell me it's raining" ambulance
chasing lawyer).

Brock Samson

People in local commercials who try to Parody famous movie characters/moments like Forrest Gump or Austen Powers. The 'actors' (aka the store owner and his ugly daughter) are always a joke. You can tell the production guys are just trying to get the shoot over with because they are embarrased for them.

Run&Gun

HD channels that broadcast 4:3 SD content stretched to 16:9(programming, commercials, everything!). Hello, TNTHD, Cartoon Network HD... Tons of others that just came up...

2gigch1

Rhino hide pieces of crap who don't take their hits. I'm 41. If I manage to get a hit in on ya, take it for god's sake!

www.dagorhir.com

Yeah, I'm reliving some youth. What about it? (BTW I'm fighting alongside my son!)

Oh, can you guess my Dagorhir name?

bluffton

I can't stand it when an ad tells me,"It's that time of year again," PLEASE... it's always that time of year and your writer should be fired for stealing the worst opening cliche line in the history of local advertising. How about trying something new and say...."It's still time to come down for us to rip you off" That might get my attention. Heck, I would show up to challenge you to a bidding war to see if you can rip me off.

newz

I hate...

...those promos for drama shows that promise you, "an episode you'll never forget" or "you'll never guess what happens". (I think it started when E.R. jumped the shark and they seemed to be getting bombed, quarentined (sp?), or shot at EVERY EPISODE!!!) I mean, it's not like it's the second coming, it's a freakin' tv show. IT'S OVER-ACTED!! AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Sorry. They really get to me.

Spot remover

Business owners who do their own commercials and act as their own spokesmen.

Aaaaaaugh! I know they're writing the check, but jeez! Plus they'll put their kids in it and the kids say....something...I just can't make it out. An excersize in ego, I guess, because the only mention of the business is in the last 3 seconds of the production.

Shut up and let the pros do the commercials!