Today I....

RichVid

..woke up from another weekend of "Stringer Hell"...the hits are comin', but the stories are mediocre, the sleep is non-existent and the miles keep pilin' up on the car...must be sweeps...yep, it sure is!

Air_7

I went to shoot a fatal hit-n-run which was about 30 minutes from my house and when the I showed up the corner was just arriving and thats means your are pretty darn late. Well I shot the body being put in the transport van and the arrest of the driver that was driving reckless and killed the guy on the bicycle....I asked CHP if there was anymore cameras there and he said 2 others plus the one that was on scene with me that the stations don't like so no competition there. Well I found out who the other stringer was and know how they shoot and they Run and Gunn there stories so I said I'll drop it off at four out of the 6 stations as I have no idea what they other guy had......Well I took four hits and he got two and if I would of pushed it to the other atleast one station I would have gotten them to....Its great when you can show up that late and take a bout load of money out of someones pocket who was there and left and he had no idea I was there untill he didn't see his footage on the air.....Competition Is Good !!!!! It made me a better photographer ...Just when you thought you were winning the Rat Race....Along Came FASTER Rats....

RichVid

YAY! Finally popped the cherry!!!! ;) :D :) Come on out this summer and we'll take you on some brush fires!

Rich

Natural Born Stringer

Yup... those be flames alrighty....

Welcome to the club! You have arrived. All you need to do now is get spit on, shot at and/or threatened with arrest and you'll be a real, honest to God stringer... :D

andypoms

Now THATS what I call flames... (esp that second pic).

Very nice job...

--Andrew

P.S. I think we should do a"caption contest on that second pic...

[ May 27, 2005, 08:52 AM: Message edited by: fmrIntern ]

BluesDaddy

Today I had all my stories shot by 3PM and was hangin' out on b-roll.net waiting for the scripts to come down. All of of sudden we get sent out on a breaking story, an arrest has been made in the case where a woman ran over her husband with her car. Nothing like starting from scratch at 3:30! Oh yeah, what else can we pile on here? It was 95 degrees today, heat index 110... we had to go out in the Sat truck, a big friggin' tank with a stick shift. I just got done cutting the package for 11 after going home for dinner and bedtime stories with the kids.

SeagateNews

Shot a Mustang wrapped neatly around a tree...and got major kudos from my ND about a fatal ax I shot yesterday and (here's the kicker--), I'm getting my media identification...when I asked if people would be confused to see me at a scene with "Graphic Artist" (my current position at the station) on my ID, he said it will say photographer...

...i almost wet myself i was so excited...

...okay, maybe i wasn't THAT excited...

...no, i was...

[ June 15, 2005, 11:14 PM: Message edited by: Seagate News ]

KsPhotog

Was out until 4am, an hour away, to shoot a tree that fell on a car during a wind storm....then up 3 hours later for my regular shift. I love caffeine :)

RichVid

...got back into the game after a 2 week layoff... Heard about Sheriffs following a robbery suspect in a vehicle (the guy robbed a flower shop at gunpoint); it suddenly came to an end and they reported the suspect shot...Get there, sure enough, suspect is writhing on the ground outside his ride with medics just arriving and starting treatment...I had great access, Sheriffs didn't bother at all, and not much crime scene tape went up...turns out the suspect got smacked on th arm by one of the employees inside the flower shop and the gun went off, hitting the suspect in the arm/hand...To top it off, the suspect left papers at the crime scene that contained his name and address...really amazing!

<edited to reflect the full story>

[ June 18, 2005, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: RichVid ]

RichVid

...missed a ripping fire at a Legends Sports Bar/Grille in Long Beach...I easily could've covered it and been late to my other job, but the Gramps-Battalion Chief on scene was too mellow...the first 15 mins of this fire sounded like nothing was going on so I headed north...then 20 minutes AFTER that when I'm in downtown L.A. they start SCREAMING that the roof is starting to collapse...Fire started at about 5:15am...it's now about 7:30am and the place is still belching smoke and fire... What a great place that was...you gotta figure the memorabilia on the walls alone was worth $100,000+ :(

[ June 21, 2005, 11:14 AM: Message edited by: RichVid ]

INLANDNEWS

That was a good fire...sorry to see such a legendary place go up in flames. The owner says he will rebuild though and maybe some celebrity sports figures will donate more memorabilia for the cause.

SmlMktChief

...shot a pkg for Fiday. Spent the rest of day at the bureau playing on the internet and listening to the scanner.
Just another day in paradice.