YPD Gang Unit Gets New Leader

Latin Lens

You had the potential here for a good story....the transition of leaders in a specialized police force...loved that.

But most of the photography just seemed run-of-the-mill.

Interview: nice setup and framing...but he is toooooo close to the wall....back off by about 15-20 ft and get a better depth of field of the badge logo...if you can't physically do that....then rearrange the space and move the camera out into the hall and do it that way....you need to add depth...and better lighting is always a plus and must.

Editing: was just straight cut and it doesn't need to more than that....but watch your jumpcuts (get cutaways)...and watch your use of inside-out(mixing inside video with outside video)....let there be a natural progression through the story to do that or wait for a better time to do that....don't do just to do it...it looks very rookie.

Shooting: not enough tight shots to help you get around the action....need wide shots to show entire scene....if you had the variation of shots the pacing could/ would be better...but you need the shots to do it. Get 'em, use 'em. It'll make a big differance

NEWSSHOOTER3

Worthy

I thought this was okay, overall. It did have a beginning, middle, and end. However, I thought the interview setting was not worthy of the story and seen far too much, for my liking.

All-in-all, not a bad turn!

nguyen.jason

My only question is why didn't you interview the guy leaving outside. It seemed all your vid was outside, so why not keep it that way?