Wireless handheld monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austin Reeves

Looking for a solution to do wireless handheld viewing for clients. Say for more reality based shooting & run and gun stuff.

Needs to be:
-cost-effective
-short to med range
-run into some sort of small handheld tv monitor
-transmitt from on-camera or say wired connection that I can wear on hip/in waist-pack

Any ideas?

Liveshot

HDTV

I have a video sender that is exactly what you're looking for.

It's designed for a steadicam. It transmits on Channel 69 with about a 100' range, is slightly larger than a 9-volt battery and costs around $200.

I bought mine on e-bay from a company in Canada.
Sorry I don't have a brand name or the name of the company, but they show up e-bay every now & then (I checked, and there are none on there right now).

The monitor is an RCA 3" LCD TV from Radio Shack, about $120.

The system works great & clients really love it.

Douglas

You need a ShotWatcher. ShotWatcher

A little bit more expensive than a homemade unit, but well worth the price. Weighs about 5 oz. and I only have to change batteries in it about once a month. Clients and producers really like it.

Tippster

The Fly on the Wall
Originally posted by Douglas:
You need a ShotWatcher. ShotWatcher

A little bit more expensive than a homemade unit, but well worth the price. Weighs about 5 oz. and I only have to change batteries in it about once a month. Clients and producers really like it.
Whoah. Didn't realize this...
Note: This device operates on UHF frequencies reserved for non-commercial use only. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regulations state that an amateur radio license is required to operate this unit legally within the United States. Amateur Radio License required for hobby and non-commercial applications within USA (for all non FCC-approved, unrestricted transmitters).
We encourage you to observe all laws when operating this device.
Do you have one?

Status
Not open for further replies.