Volunteers Still Coming to Help Cedar Rapids Clean Up

nguyen.jason

Your website looks alot like ours ha. Anyways I thought it was a good piece but I would have lowered the nats under the track alittle more. You had great nats but they were just over bearing to me and a couple of times it took my attention off the story. Other than that good job.

Latin Lens

So you had a really good story at your hands...there should have been a) plenty of action and b) plenty of nat oppurtunitites....with that being said.....it's my personal preferance to get nat pops with tight or even ultra-tight shots...it just looks cool and helps with variation in your shooting...and it really helps with shooting the sequence. Tight shot of hammer or crow bar hitting wall...didn't see it. Why?

Your interviews.....change it up. All kinda tight....where's the wide shot interview? Again helps with variation....once you recognize this your pieces won't be the same...

The story died in the middle...you went from action to alot of inaction...back to action...maybe thats not all your fault but keep in mind the continuity of the story and keep it up throughout the piece...even I find it hard after all this time but thats where working and talking with your reporter helps.

Overall not bad but this could have been much better...learn from the advice here for next time.

Photogblake

thanks for the input. The nat with the close shot i will put in my brain for next time no doubt. The interviews yes i totally agree that they needed to be changed. All but this reporter allows me to make them different by asking me what i want. This reporter has hit 30years at our station and is a stick and move kind of guy. if i worked with a different person i am sure they would of been a lot different. Any other input is appreciated.

NEWSSHOOTER3

Bit

I only saw a bit, because something crapped out, but...

Immediately, I needed more, much, much, more tight, Tight, TIGHT shots!

Tights are life savers!

It seemed like I was on a wallpaper ride...?

Agreed with LL, switch up interviews angles, too...

Keep gettin' at it! :)

Latin Lens

thanks for the input. The nat with the close shot i will put in my brain for next time no doubt. The interviews yes i totally agree that they needed to be changed. All but this reporter allows me to make them different by asking me what i want. This reporter has hit 30years at our station and is a stick and move kind of guy. if i worked with a different person i am sure they would of been a lot different. Any other input is appreciated.

If thats the case then be work smarter not harder....go inside the house...let him use the stick mic...shoot thru a hole in the hole or debris....find the angle to "hide" the mic flag...you don't have to be 5 feet away from them to do a head shot interview..adding some foreground will add depth to the interview...maybe spark some creativity.

Photogblake

agreed LL, thanks for the input. Im putting up a NAT pak i put together tape to tape in a live truck. So if you want to review another piece.