Technical question

Wheatstone Bridge

Would like to take the audio from a Sony PMW 350 while doing an interview in real time and run it into a digital voice recorder at the very same time . . . . any idea how to do this ?

Thanks.

Would like to take the audio from a Sony PMW 350 while doing an interview in real time and run it into a digital voice recorder at the very same time . . . . any idea how to do this ?

Thanks.
Assuming you are coming from a lav mic, I would can think of a couple of options.

1) use a 2nd receiver cabled to the recorder.

2) use a sound mixer setup where the receiver passes the signal to a mixer (these days it is usually also a recorder, and then to the camera.

3) the third and least favorite option for technical reasons is to use a Y cable from the receiver where one end goes to the recorder and the other to the camera.

That's what I got with about 30 seconds of thought. I am curious what anybody else comes up with.

Necktie Boy

If you are talking about a small recorder that only has 3.5mm inputs?

Can use the headphone output. Use a "Y" cable. Just need to setup level correctly. I believe the 350 has a 5 pin audio out. That is line level. You would need a recorder that can take line level or use pads.

The really simple is have the recorder in hand with the mic, if using one. I see this this all the time on Spanish news.

How is the audio going to be used? Use to listen to the interview on the drive back to the station?

cameragod

Use the 5 pin XLR out of the back of the camera. It comes out at line level so you may need a pad. I know a lot of sound guy s who have this set up.

svp

I do this all the time from a hpx370 except I do it into an iphone using an iRig adapter and record using the voice memo app on the phone then just email the audio file.

104imdirect

+1 for iPhone

The iPhone solution is super easy. I recommend coming out the headphone jack and splitting that output.