Socoland LED Panel Lights

Garycook

Does anyone here on the forum use the Socoland LED Panel Lights? They look similar to the LightPanel 1x1's. Can they be purchased in the U.S. or only from the U.K.?

Link to U.K. website:
Have you got such panels? If yes how much it costs you?

Starman

Not a bad light. Use my 1x1 all the time, gonna buy another one. The reason I like the Socanland is #1, they can run off of a brick battery, so a PA can move it around and follow me wherever I go with it, excellent for when I'm shooting reality or on the fly interviews. #2, You can go from tungsten to daylight, and anywhere in between. I also do sports set ups, i.e. announcers booths, etc, and the LED's do an excellent job. At first I was skeptical about LED's, but I often use the LED along with some Lowel Pro lights for the talents hair light, and they mix together just fine.

I'm also interested in the Kino Flo Celeb lights, those look interesting, but pretty darn expensive, wondering if they are worth the money? I will never use DMX, so I feel like I might be paying too much for a feature that I will never use. Socanland have been quite cost effective so far.

Last edited: