Purchase recommendations for Sony F350 EFP kit -help me out guys

Stoney

Whoa!

Speaking of SD, Sony apparently released the DXC-D55. I guess it might still have some internal applications or a limited broadcast life, but that's about it.
I thought of buying a brand new Betacam head... just to have a really expensive doorstop in three years.

freedom

The smaller the imager, the more difficult it is to make a quality W/A lens. Distortion gets more & more difficult to tame. The examples of the 3.3 for 1/2" vs. the 4.5 for 2/3" is a very good reason to prefer a larger imager, even if it's a small increment. Take a look at a super wide on a hasselblad sometime. Now that's impressive.
On the flip side, telephoto is just the opposite.

Douglas

I have the Fujinon HSs18x5.5 and it's plenty wide for me. I would not want to go any wider for normal shooting.

Even with that lens, my maximum focal length is still only 100mm and that's just barely enough to get by with. There's absolutely no way I could shoot with a 13x3.3 that only goes to 43mm. My dream lens would be something like a 25x5.5 lens.

Also, the 16x9 format just makes everything feel wider anyway, so keep that in mind if you're used to shooting mostly 4x3. The 5.5 is really pretty wide.

Doug

Canonman

I have the Fujinon HSs18x5.5 and it's plenty wide for me. I would not want to go any wider for normal shooting.

Even with that lens, my maximum focal length is still only 100mm and that's just barely enough to get by with.
I agree wholeheartedly since I'm using the same lens.

For the benefit of PHX shooter, this lens is available with a 2X.

http://www.fujinonbroadcast.com/cgi-bin/products.cgi?p=356

Something I've wished for on many occasion doing nature stuff where I can't get closer without spooking the subject.

cm

Douglas

Good point about the extender. If I had to do it all over again I'd buy the version with the extender. Unfortunately I couldn't wait for it to be available. Anybody want to buy a lens?

Doug

Last edited: