Non-Photography Day

b-roll

Administrator
Staff member
Photographer urges no-photo day

For irony fans everywhere, a photo of a sign for Non-Photography Day

A photographer from Brighton in southern England is urging the people of the world to take a day out and stop taking pictures.
Becca Bland has launched "non-photography day" - planned for 17 July - through a website together with a sticker and flyposter campaign in various cities in England.

READ MORE: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/5121856.stm

rebelfotog

it doesn't say anything about not taking video. Just imagine if all the picure snappers didn't show up to a presser. Nobody getting in your way, nobody snapping millions of pictures of a guy at a podium....I know its not going to happen, oh well.

INLANDNEWS

rebelfotog said:
it doesn't say anything about not taking video. Just imagine if all the picure snappers didn't show up to a presser. Nobody getting in your way, nobody snapping millions of pictures of a guy at a podium....I know its not going to happen, oh well.
THAT WOULD BE A PHOTOG'S DAY IN HEAVEN!! Peaceful and calm!! I might be able to capture some decent audio and video without shutter snaps and bulb flashes

I can see it now in D.C.
White House Briefing – Tony Snow picture replaced with White House supplied black and white still while he gives briefing.
HOUSE and SENATE -- A radio show with the occasional appearance of a Power Point slide depicting the charts they are holding up during speeches. Oh, wait a minute they go on vacation for the Nth time this year.
Most local newscasts – The words “File Footage” appears on virtually every story, including sports.

Tom Servo

hmmm. . . If this concept came to my viewing area I think there could be a really funny story in it. I'm thinkin' the last shot could just be a full screen reading "this space intentionally left blank" ;)

OmegaRed

INLANDNEWS said:
THAT WOULD BE A PHOTOG'S DAY IN HEAVEN!! Peaceful and calm!! I might be able to capture some decent audio and video without shutter snaps and bulb flashes
The viewers wouldn't know what they were watching.

Crimson

A mans gotta eat. You know us photogs are always hungry. That would be just like taking food right out of my mouth

Dink

Crimson said:
A mans gotta eat. You know us photogs are always hungry. That would be just like taking food right out of my mouth
Drama queen.

In the actual interview it seems as though this woman is talking about amateurs taking pictures for remembrance purposes. She's telling people to remember living the moment instead of interfering with the moment by taking pictures. Since those of us here take pictures and shoot video to provide a public record, and not simply to remember the moment, it doesn't seem like she's talking about us at all. She's talking more to the tourists and the morons who watch their kids' birthday parties through a camera instead of actually participating in them.