Media in the movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rambo35

A movie production company rented our live truck to be in the background of a scene about 14 years ago. Since I was the truck op, I drove it to the set. It first went to the art dept. where they completely covered up our call letters and added new call letters. While waiting for this process to finish, someone asked me what I do at my station. I told her that I was the chief photog and that I operate the truck. She said that the next scene called for a photographer and asked me if I wanted to do it. "Of course I'll do it!" It turns out, there was a problem blocking the scene, so they ended up using me and not the truck. For props, they gave me a Betacam which was completely hollow, but had every button it was supposed to and a working light with one of those old "bat-belt" battery packs.
At the end of "Silence of the Lambs", after Jodie Foster shoots Buffalo Bill, I'm the cameraman that cuts in front of Ms. Foster as she leaves the house. And yes, I held the camera correctly!

M

<Mi3ke>

At the end of "Silence of the Lambs", after Jodie Foster shoots Buffalo Bill, I'm the cameraman that cuts in front of Ms. Foster as she leaves the house. And yes, I held the camera correctly! >>>>>

Humm, I see a trend w/ Jodie Foster: When she shot "Contact" here in NM, I was assigned to drive the live truck to the shoot. I also got to be in the movie. Exactly 45 minutes into it, there is the scene, right after first contact, where the helicopters land, and there is a media "gang bang" going on. The shot starts out on the monitor from inside our live truck of one of our (real) reporters doing a live shot, then the shot pulls out to me walking with my (fake) reporter from behind the truck. The shot stayed on me until it gets to the villian (the guy who runs for Senate at the end) walking from the helo into the room where "contact" was made. I knew by the third take (of about 25) that either I wasn't going to be in the movie at all, or it was going to be me and all me for about 15 seconds.
Not only did I end up in the movie, but since it was one of the first shots filmed, I also made it into the trailers and the commercials as well. It was such a great shot of me walking with my (real) camera, that my brother, who didn't know about my walk-on, even recognized me on the big screen. And yes, I was holding the camera correctly.
Cheers, Mi3ke

Dirge

Originally posted by soonershooter:
The worst of all time though HAS to be "Up Close and Personal."
The only good thing about that movie is that b-roll.net regular Cool C was an extra. Chuck, do you have any pics?

Later,

Dirge

Rad

In RUNAWAY JURY, as John Cusack walks up the steps to the courthouse, a live trucks is driving down the street with the mast up.

Tazam77

My father was an extra in a movie.
"The Survivor's" 1983 Robin Williams and
Walter Matthau. Parts of it were shot in Vermont and California.

As Walter Matthau reads out of a bible on the steps of a cabin there is a cutaway of a man in a snowflake hat holding a rifle.

That's my father!! :) It is better seen on DVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.