f-stop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sore Shoulder

Originally posted by zazvideo:
Hi,

I was just what f-stop you try to get to for general use. I personally like f-4 or f-8.
Maybe try restating your question. Your syntax seems a little off.

Videodoc

I don't know about f-stops, but I try to keep my focus at about 10 feet. Anything else I think is just frivolous.

I'm hoping they buy me that handycam that can see in .02 Lux at 200db then I can forget about F-stops

[ October 27, 2004, 03:11 AM: Message edited by: scott abing ]

focusthis

I'm usually so close to my subjects that I don't think about DOF characteristics. I try and keep my exposure near the middle of the range, so that I'm not screwing with the filter wheel to get f-this or f-that.

Your question seems more for people who use fixed aperture lenses, not us. It's like asking if I prefer the REC button on the lens grip, or on the camera body. Whatever works for a particular situation.

Howzaboot a harder question, like:
Will the move to disc- and RAM-based
cameras have any environmental effect
on our planet?

OR:
Would Side Letter Eleven be better art if
created with a broader color palette
and higher resolution graphics?

Tawlk amongst yaselves. Discuss.

photogguy

But what happens when the tertiary squib adjuster isn't working?

[ October 27, 2004, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: photogguy ]

SandRat

Originally posted by zazvideo:
yup, every one talks about there filter wheels so why not there lens.
I'm not sure if you're asking a serious question, but there's a huge difference in discussing filter wheels and f-stops.

Personally, I just want a good exposure while avoiding a wide open iris (f-1.4) or an iris that is almost closed (f-16).

zazvideo

“I'm not sure if you're asking a serious question, but there's a huge difference in discussing filter wheels and f-stops”

Yes I am asking a serious question and I know there’s a huge difference between filter wheels and f-stops. That’s why I wont to discuss it. I just wont to know which one (or two) f-stops you prefer to shoot with on a daily basis, like to shoot a site down interview or a stand up or what ever…. its really strange to me because it sound like a lot of you have never learned about this.
I think getting the right exposure is one of the most important things to do when setting up a shot. For example if your shooting a sit down interview with some one in doors with no lights and the picture in your view finder is to dark and it says “open” than you put up a light or turn the filter so the says 5.8 or some other number, other than open…it dues not really matter if you use auto or manual. Are you still confused?

Status
Not open for further replies.