Drumming for a cause

cameragod

My main comment would be to me the poor use of shutter. Either use it or don’t. The setting you had wasn’t different enough to look interesting, just enough to annoy and you seem to just leave it in the whole shoot.

I would have cranked it up as high as I had light, gotten a few ‘art/punctuation’ shots and the turned it off for the rest of the shoot.

Also I don’t feel like it took me anywhere. We were all over the place, no feeling of a journey… it needed a kick ass closer… but that’s being picky, nice work :)

thanks

you're right I had it at 1/500 for the whole shoot. I'm still trying hone in my storytelling skills... so hopefully the more I do the better the actual story will be. I appreciate your comments and I will definitely vary my shutter use and see what happens.

Latin Lens

I liked it....you had a good stroy for a natpkg....I think personally you did a good job. I also feel you missed the obvious....no sound from spectators...no shot s of money going into a bucket...your story revolved around that simple fact but didn't see any of that...or atleast enough....'Sound from the Outside' (as I call it)...in these kinds of pieces add the spice...those really cool soundbite pops that help tell the story...get a little reaction sound...that sort of thing.

Valiant effort...I applaude you.