Dress for Success

Michaelrosenblum

When I was at CBS News a million years ago, there was a photographer named Herbie Schwartz who always wore a 3-piece suit and a tie, no matter what the assignment, no matter where. 3 piece suit and dress shoes.

It made an impression.

GMoney

Like many photogs on here I don't make lots of money so I'm not going to go out and spend money buying kakis every two months because they wear out going through snow, rain, and whatever. I wear jeans and a polo shirt and when summer time comes I wear shorts. I consider it a small victory because the reporter who makes way more than me has to wear a suit. I think you can be comfortable and professional at the same time.;

cameradog

Like many photogs on here I don't make lots of money so I'm not going to go out and spend money buying kakis every two months because they wear out going through snow, rain, and whatever.
You know, if you'll wear an adult diaper you won't ruin them so quickly.

Dirge

When I started years ago, I dressed pretty nice. I got the reputation of being the “best dressed photographer”. Then management told I dressed too nice, and it’s been jeans and sneakers ever since.

Today we have two stations here in market 4 who have stopped giving polo shirts with embroidered logos to the photogs. Instead, they are given t-shirts with a small logo on the chest and a large one on the back.

Dress isn’t too crucial nowadays. Just look at school teachers.