Animal Hording

I thought you did a good job on this. I would usually say something about not using a tripod more, however I don't think it was a big issue here. Animals move a lot, especially puppies...so it worked.

My only complaint is the resolution. It was almost hard to make out some of the images. Whoever was in charge of deciding the compression format for your website should reconsider.

Do you guys export your finished stories to a specific web server, or does a web editor pull them from the playback server and then just upload?

EDIT: Nevermind, obviously the web content is either recorded live to a web server or from an aircheck...the anchor lead in was there.

NEWSSHOOTER3

Okay

I thought it was okay.

I might have broken up a little track in the intro block of the story, with some quick dog barks, and tight head shots of dogs.

I thought the shot selection/sequencing was better late in the piece.

The closing "dog kiss" shot was good, but slightly miss timed. Maybe slo-mo? I know, kinda cheesy, but... :rolleyes:

Keep 'em coming...

nguyen.jason

I would have liked to see a better establisher in the beginging, like a wide shot of the building with those nats under then coming out to the shot of the lady with the pup. Your first couple of shots were to quick for me. you really didn't see anything good. I personally would have liked some of the shots on a tripod, tight shots of the dogs, do they look sad? do they have a tear in the eyes? I know it sounds dumb but it shows emotions within the dog which will make the viewer just really take a breath and want to adopt the pet. At least I would. It was ok for a dayturn, but I'm sure you'll do better and I wouldn't mind seeing more of your stuff. You look like your a good photog.

Latin Lens

Okay...I saw enough in the first 30secs to pause and write this....where's the mic on the dog rescue person running around? I have done enough of these type of stories to know dog rescuers love to "talk" to the animals...this will give you ample amounts of nat pops to pepper throughout your story....it adds the spice for emotional purposes. I think your relying alot on your shotgun to gather nats...either use your wireless lav or don't be afraid to get in closer for crisper sound.

newsshooter

I thought it was a fine story. If you wanted to tune it up a little the use of a wireless mic on the rescue lady is a good idea from the previous poster. I liked the interview set-ups. Maybe you could have gotten in the mix of the dogs instead of shooting through the fence. I like the interview through the fence though. Hand-held was not bad in the story. It looked fine. Could have used tight shots of the dogs going in and out of frame. I think you did a fine job.