democrats

Wideangle

sounds like the perfect mission statement for the dems........
Wolfeagle...err..Eaglewolf...I'm sure you're just loving the status quo with the Neo-cons in control...Billions going overseas to a country that could care less while you'll be paying $4.00 a gallon for gas
by the end of summer. In South Carolina that's going to cost you pretty much most of your pay check to fill up the pick-up truck.
Yep, sure don't want the dems messing with that logic...

freedom

W/A
The recent spike in gas prices are a result of the refinery fires that have lowered our capacity to make gas. Even ABC acknowledged that in a report.

Wideangle

W/A
The recent spike in gas prices are a result of the refinery fires that have lowered our capacity to make gas. Even ABC acknowledged that in a report.
Follow the money my nieve friend...It hasn't lowerd the capacity
of the oil companies profits. When you're dealing with a supply and demand issue, why would the oil companies want to produce
more when they can make a hell of a lot more profit producing less.

Baltimore Shooter

Follow the money my nieve friend...It hasn't lowerd the capacity
of the oil companies profits. When you're dealing with a supply and demand issue, why would the oil companies want to produce
more when they can make a hell of a lot more profit producing less.
Exactly. All aided by the Bush administration. remember when gas prices weren't redicoulsly high? Remember when gas prices started going down just before the election in 2004? What happened right after the election? That's right, prices went back up. This is a total sham where the oil companies are making record profits every year.

I just can't wait for 1/20/09.

Warren

freedom

Then why did gas prices drop so far & so fast early this year? Oh, I know, it was a consipracy by the oil companies to fool people into thinking it wasn't the oil companies. They're so clever.
As a percentage of our income, gas prices were at their highest during Jimmy C's reign. He must be in bed with halliburton too! They're everywhere!
Gas prices came down when Reagan took over. Must be another plot to fake out everybody. They were lowest during Bush 1, we know he's a halliburton stooge, they're incredibly devious.

Wideangle

Great articles there Foxwood. Goes to the center of the issue...
that we now have a monopolistic oil industry that can pretty much do as they please as long as they have allies in the White House.

Buck Satan

You seem to miss the point that the oil companies can do whatever they want even if they have enemies in the WH. You got politicians on both sides sucking the big oil well head. Like any good crack whore, they do it for the money (and, well, crack too.)...:)

Wideangle

You got politicians on both sides sucking the big oil well head.
Do you honestly think that the oil industry is evenly contributing
to the campaigns of both republicans and democrats? There's a
big difference between taking a sip and jumping in bed with them.
Given what we have in power now, it's more like incest.
Come 2009, let's see what the oil industry does when they no longer have
one of their own in the White House.

Buck Satan

I have a problem with any politician taking one ****ing red cent from any special interest group. They are supposed to be serving their constituents, the people, not big oil or GLAD or the NRA or the Sierra club. But every political glad-hander out there is locked in a vicious cycle where they need to serve a different master to retain their power. You people are arguing on who's the cuter rapist...