democrats

A/B roll

wow that totally opened my eyes. I've been so blind all along! Thanks to the Republican National Committee for producing that completely accurate and forthcoming ad.

McFly

wow that totally opened my eyes. I've been so blind all along! Thanks to the Republican National Committee for producing that completely accurate and forthcoming ad.
I detect sarcasm! :eek:

Are you saying that the video has been manipulated and that the people in it did NOT say what they said?

A/B roll

Video hasn't been manipulated, just the context of the statements. People had a much different opinion on Iraq before they found out they were "misiformed" by the US admin.

Wideangle

Wow, I was so misinformed by the liberal media. So I guess this means
that the last seven years were really the democrat's fault...Amazing.
It's that Truman line in reverse. Instead of the buck stopping here,
you just pass it....back ten years. By the way, Steve Winwood should sue!
I love that song and now it's been trashed!

Frank McBride

Everyone on this board knows the power of editing and how important what is NOT shown can be.

Since you brought it up, Just Wondering, do you think differently now than before the current war began? I know I do. I assumed that our reasons were solid and would be revealed in time. On that level I feel mislead.

Would we be better off if Al Gore had won? (He really did lose, by the way). I doubt it. Both parties represent American corporations rather than the people, and wars are great for business.

FMc

McFly

Video hasn't been manipulated, just the context of the statements. People had a much different opinion on Iraq before they found out they were "misiformed" by the US admin.
How was the context manipulated?

And because the war is no longer favored by the majority, that makes the politician's comments null and void?

AKinDC

As a Democrat, I will freely admit that all those people were wrong about the threat that Iraq posed. Intelligent people have the ability to change their opinion when they realize they are wrong though. It's not about waffling, it's not about being inconsistant, it's about having a brain. When confronted with the new facts, most Democrats changed their thoughts about Iraq...as well they should have. President Bush and the neo-cons are stubbernly sticking with their decisions, even though the facts supporting those decisions have changed considerably. That's just moronic.

pre-set

Wait a minute here!!!!!

WTF is Sandy Berger talking about?

What does he MEAN by "Iraq has USED WMD's 10 times since 1983"?

I thought Iraq didn't HAVE WMD's!!!!! That's what we've been told all this time by MoveOn and every other left wing crank - that there "never were" any WMD's in Iraq.

So, in Feb of 1998, the National Security Advisor KNEW of TEN examples of Iraq not only POSSESSING but USING WMD's?

Why hasn't this been reported since? Then where did those WMD's go then? If Sandy Berger says they used some, where did the rest of these weapons go?

Baltimore Shooter

Lest we forget, the REPUBLICANS were admonishing Clinton for his interlude w/ Lewinsky. And if you remember, it was Gingrich in particular who led the charge. But what was he doing? yep, that's right, having...[gasp] an affair!

But before you conservatives say that was just a lie concocted by the "liberal media", you may want to read this: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070309/ap_on_go_co/gingrich_affair

Gingrich had affair during Clinton probe
By BEN EVANS, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON - Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich acknowledged he was having an extramarital affair even as he led the charge against President Clinton over the Monica Lewinsky affair, he acknowledged in an interview with a conservative Christian group.

"The honest answer is yes," Gingrich, a potential 2008 Republican presidential candidate, said in an interview with Focus on the Family founder James Dobson to be aired Friday, according to a transcript provided to The Associated Press. "There are times that I have fallen short of my own standards. There's certainly times when I've fallen short of God's standards."

Gingrich argued in the interview, however, that he should not be viewed as a hypocrite for pursuing Clinton's infidelity.

"The president of the United States got in trouble for committing a felony in front of a sitting federal judge," the former Georgia congressman said of Clinton's 1998 House impeachment on perjury and obstruction of justice charges. "I drew a line in my mind that said, 'Even though I run the risk of being deeply embarrassed, and even though at a purely personal level I am not rendering judgment on another human being, as a leader of the government trying to uphold the rule of law, I have no choice except to move forward and say that you cannot accept ... perjury in your highest officials."

Widely considered a mastermind of the Republican revolution that swept Congress in the 1994 elections, Gingrich remains wildly popular among many conservatives. He has repeatedly placed near the top of Republican presidential polls recently, even though he has not formed a campaign.

Gingrich has said he is waiting to see how the Republican field shapes up before deciding in the fall whether to run.

Reports of extramarital affairs have dogged him for years as a result of two messy divorces, but he has refused to discuss them publicly.

Gingrich, who frequently campaigned on family values issues, divorced his second wife, Marianne, in 2000 after his attorneys acknowledged Gingrich's relationship with his current wife, Callista Bisek, a former congressional aide more than 20 years younger than he is.

His first marriage, to his former high school geometry teacher, Jackie Battley, ended in divorce in 1981. Although Gingrich has said he doesn't remember it, Battley has said Gingrich discussed divorce terms with her while she was recuperating in the hospital from cancer surgery.

Gingrich married Marianne months after the divorce.

"There were times when I was praying and when I felt I was doing things that were wrong. But I was still doing them," he said in the interview. "I look back on those as periods of weakness and periods that I'm ... not proud of."

Gingrich's congressional career ended in 1998 when he abruptly resigned from Congress after poor showings from Republicans in elections and after being reprimanded by the House ethics panel over charges that he used tax-exempt funding to advance his political goals.
-------------------------------

I find it interesting how the Republicans always seem to blame Democrats for something they are actually doing themselves. Talk about hypocricy!

Warren

AKinDC

Err...it's commen knowledge that Saddam gassed the Kurds many times back in the 80's and 90's, and many asssumed we'd find stockpiles of chemical weapons in Iraq. We didn't, and it seems that they hadn't manufactured any for years. It's been reported many, many times.

Wait a minute here!!!!!

I thought Iraq didn't HAVE WMD's!!!!! That's what we've been told all this time by MoveOn and every other left wing crank - that there "never were" any WMD's in Iraq.

So, in Feb of 1998, the National Security Advisor KNEW of TEN examples of Iraq not only POSSESSING but USING WMD's?

Why hasn't this been reported since? Then where did those WMD's go then? If Sandy Berger says they used some, where did the rest of these weapons go?

Baltimore Shooter

And let's not forget who gave a hell of a lot of weapons AND financial aid to Iraq in their war against Iran...the REPUBLICANS (Ronald "I can't remember" Reagan).

Warren

Tapeape

Wait a minute here!!!!!

I thought Iraq didn't HAVE WMD's!!!!!

Come on man, you're a journalist. I know you can think better than this! "has USED" indicates something in the past. As in, in the 80's, Saddam had WMD's. No one's arguing that - hell the USA supplied him with some of them. But those WMD's were gone, both because they'd already been used and because the rest had been destroyed, by the time we went in "to get the WMD's."

Terry E. Toller

I heard a dem on talk radio a couple of nights ago who explained Mrs. Clinton's take on Iraq. He kept going on about how stupid Republicans are because they just can't get it. He said, "All we need is a little luck and for the people in Iraq to quit killing eachother and the war would be over". Well, actually, that is the FIRST thing I have ever heard from a dem that comes close to truth or making sense. Of course, we can't rely on luck and those islamic maniacs have been killing each other forever... but, if the quit, we could come home...

texshooter

I have not seen the piece in question here yet, but there are a couple of observations I'd like to make.

1. Libs accuse this guy of cherry picking facts, taking things out of context and manipulating quotes, therefore his arguements are not valid. But Michael Moore is a spot on genius for doing the same thing?

2. New Gingrich may be a jerk, but Bill Clinton did not get in trouble because he cheated on his wife, he got in trouble because he cheated on his wife, (in violation of federal sexual harrassment laws that he supported) then lied about it in sworn statements to a federal judge and grand jury, suborned perjury and obstructed justice in an attempt to deny an American citizen her day in court in a federal civil rights lawsuit.

3. A tactic I have noticed to be prevalent among some on the left is attack the messenger, when attacking the message fails, ie, someone who is not convinced that the science on global warming is absolute or conclusive is a tool of "big oil".

4. Whenever anyone quotes a source from an organization with conservative ties, their message gets attacked as "more lies from the neo-cons". So an organization like Tenessee Center for Policy Research is branded "right wing nut-case", while moveon.org, the Brady Campaign and PETA are oracles of truth.

5. Whenever anyone questions a liberal, instead of engaging the arguement, you get things like "Soooo. . . . .. Who sent ya? O'Reilly, or Limbaugh?", responding to questions about Al Gore with "I suppose it's easier for republicans to talk about Al Gore's utility bills than it is for them to discuss the war in Iraq, the treatment of our wounded soldiers at Walter Reed, the possible illeagal firing of Federal Prosecuters, failed foreign policy, failed education policy, Scooter Libby, etc., etc., etc.:
Oh, by the way:
5a: War in Iraq: We could go on all day about this, but the fact is we are there now, and you would have us cut and run?
5b: Walter Reed: This is what happens when you let unfireable civil service employees run things.
5c: Firings of Federal Prosecuters: All US Attorneys work at the pleasure of the President of the United States, they can be fired at any time. President Clinton fired ALL 93 US Attorneys in 1993. Most likely to get rid of the US Attorney in Little Rock investigating Whitewater, and the one in Chicago investigating Dan Rostenkowski. The ones canned in this case (with the exception of one who was quitting anyway) were dragging their feet on voter fraud investigations.
5d: Failed foriegn policy? I don't think getting hosed by the UN and being loved by the French is all that admirable of a foriegn policy goal.
5e: Failed education policy? How, US schools were turning out legions of morons before George W. Bush ever dreamed of running for office. I am not a big fan of the President on education either, considering he let Teddy the Secretary Slayer write the biggest education bill of his presidency.
5f: Scooter Libby: There was no crime commited in any discussion of Valerie Plame, it was not Libby who revealed her name anyway, it was Richard Armitage (and Patrick Fitzgerald knew this 2 years ago). Libby was prosecuted for misremembering what he told some reporter months earlier about why a moron househusband, sometimes ambassador, full time DNC operative was sent to Africa and came back and made his report (in which he lied about what he found), not to the Vice President, not to the CIA, and not to congress, but in an Op-Ed piece in the New York Times. BTW, Joe Wilson's testimony where it counted, (sworn) in front of the Senate Foriegn Relations Committee and the 9/11 commission CONFIRMED the British Intel, that Iraq had sought to increase trade with Niger. Niger only has ONE export product-yellowcake uranium.

6. Ronald Reagan said it best "Liberals will defend to the death your right to agree with them".

Last edited:

servo

The only difference between Democrats and Republicans is the speed of their knees hitting the floor when Corporation knocks on the door.