c300 ef or pl mount?

Douglas

Thats god to know, now is the 850 essentially an 800 with a few upgrades to accommodate what NHK wanted or is it a whole new camera? My limited understanding is that it had been pretty much made for NHK.
It may have been built to NHK requested specifications, but everyone else benefits too. Compared to the F800, the 850 has improved CCDs, uses less power, weighs less, can take a Triax/Fiber adapter, has a faster Ethernet connection, can accept an optional Wi-Fi/cellular adapter for recording H.264 proxies and sending them wirelessly, has GPS built-in, and has a better LCD panel.

So the 850 is really an upgraded F800, not a revolutionary new model. Nobody who owns an F800 is going to trade it in for an 850. But for people buying a new camera, the 850 has some improvements over the F800.

It may have been built to NHK requested specifications, but everyone else benefits too. Compared to the F800, the 850 has improved CCDs, uses less power, weighs less, can take a Triax/Fiber adapter, has a faster Ethernet connection, can accept an optional Wi-Fi/cellular adapter for recording H.264 proxies and sending them wirelessly, has GPS built-in, and has a better LCD panel.

So the 850 is really an upgraded F800, not a revolutionary new model. Nobody who owns an F800 is going to trade it in for an 850. But for people buying a new camera, the 850 has some improvements over the F800.
Hmm thats good to hear I had not known about the improved CCDs I had just assumed that the front end was the same as the 800 which has been out for some time. And the upgrades were to the VF and back end. Hadn't known about the ethernet connection either.