Your thoughts?

Fearless Leader

Solid work, i think. Couple of issues though.

First off, your interview is facing the wrong way, her face is in the shadow. Obviously its a bright summer day out, so if you don't have a reflector, try and turn the subject so they're facing towards the sun/reflective surface. If they complain about squinting, tell em it looks better than a completely obscured face.

I didn't like the snap zooms, i don't think they really 'did' anything for the story and actually seem kind of out of place for the kind of story you were doing. The closing shot had a feeling of nice timing, as you zoom out on the stinger and the steady cam comes walking through the foreground (i grudgingly ackowledge the snapzoom there).

I caught a few jump cuts, none of them were to horrible, however.

Also, i think the comments on ireport tell you something too, the story did connect with people, enough that they were talking about your subject and not about how it looked or sounded, or anything. So, really that's job number 1.

NEWSSHOOTER3

9/10

I made it 9/10ths of the way through, and I quit. There are TOO MANY jump cuts in this piece for a serious critique. Zooms, pans, etc... :eek:

Again, that's just me & I am just me...

Latin Lens

Yea....way too many jump cuts. That is NOT a skill you want to develop. This is where working with your report can help you get that.....you know the video help him/her...reporter knows angle(s) let them help you.

Good, classic framing....think tight shots to really help your photography improve...it seems either medium or wide on this story.

Good audio. Keep practicing. Keep posting. And above all keep it simple. NDs, EPs, and reporters love snap zooms....but its like a dissolve...a crutch and most the time totally unnecessary.