You know it's a SLOW News Day when...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost in Alaska

Originally posted by ShooterTim:
You're workning in a sunny Texas market, and you do a story on the Iditarod Race in Alaska just because somebody in your viewing area has a neice who's married to a guy that's from Colorado that's running his dogs in the race.
Sad, but true =)

This could be a fun thread... anybody got anything any lamer? Let's hear it!

Keep Rollin'

:cool:
That would be kinda funny if the Iditarod wasn't so big in the news this year.

For those who don't know, due to the lack of snow this year in Anchorage, the official restart was moved to Fairbanks for the first time ever. There was barely enough snow to build a course for the ceremonial start in Anchorage.

B

<believe_it_or_not>

The ND makes you sign a piece of paper every day, stating that you'll shoot weather vids. :rolleyes:

VO-getter

When you a sitting around the news room on a very slow day and someone jokes "we need a triple homicide". Just then the scanner go off and it a triple homicide...sad but true!

P

<presspass>

...you take the gear and vehicle out for 3-4 hours, looking for that perfect bump shot that will run for 15 sec. tops if at all.

...you get back to the edit bay and look at that perfect bump shot and decide that it sucks and go out again to shoot something different.

...the second time you go out looking for a bump shot, you get distracted by staring at chics and realize that another a couple of hours have passed by and it's almost time to go home.

...you get back to the station and pull out some file video bump shot then call it a day.

KahunaPhotog

When you're sent to the local McDonald's to ask people if they agree with changing the name of "French Fries" to "Freedom Fries." :rolleyes:

J

<just a thought>

You know it's a slow day when you have time to make calls on a story you are working.

--or ask engineering silly questions like when the new cameras will be in, or has the new wind screen for my lav showed up yet.

You make a Dairy Queen run for producers, not just yourself.

You clean the fast food bags out of your cruiser.

JYT

you are told to "go wash your truck and call me!".

you wash your truck and call and this is what you hear...."does anybody need stock shots from JYT...no ok. Go shoot city buses for stox!".

Wake me up when the day is over

T

<The dog lick live>

You're going live from a gas station because some states want to raise their taxes on gas. The market you work in isn't in one of those states and will see NO impact, what-so-ever from them raising taxes. Just an easy way for the producers to kill time.......

F

<FIRETRUCKS>

YOU FOLLOW 5 FIRE TRUCKS AND 2 POLICE CARS WITH LIGHTS AND SIRENS...HAULING ASS DOWN THE STREET..

(I DID IT TODAY) IT WAS NOTHING! :mad:

A

<Always News in Sofla>

Originally posted by GGW:
When you a sitting around the news room on a very slow day and someone jokes "we need a triple homicide". Just then the scanner go off and it a triple homicide...sad but true!
There are slow news days in South Florida?!?!

F

<falcone>

This past summer (hot day), I was sent to a sinkhole "that could possibly turn into something big" but literally was the size of a quarter. The cops saw me pull up and started laughing. They said it wouldn't be a problem. I just said, "luckily I am paid by the hour, not the story."

F

<flipflops>

You do a couple of stories and a live shot on snow, and you live in MN!

Jesster

local ford dealership is changing its name and the sales dept convinces the ND to do the story for sales perks. (Market 161, 1998)

Status
Not open for further replies.