WPXI False advertising in promoting themselves

Spot remover

Holy cow Mr. H...I can't believe you care for 3 seconds about this.

Why are you even posting on a news photog website about this? You had to know just about all of us would challenge you on this assertion. Let alone the absolute apathy we would have towards this. What's your point? What did WPXI ever do to you? What did she ever do to you?

Go build a house with Habitat for Humanity, join the Peace Corps, give a homeless guy $5, do something worthwhile and move on.

Camera Face

A few updates; even though WPXI and/or Julie Bologna have failed to acknowledge or reply.

Let the update show specifically that Julie Bologna of WPXI television (Pittsburgh, PA market) has misrepresented herself and engaged in false advertising in promoting the station. It's terribly difficult to believe that this type of activity would occur in this market and from a person whom claims to have this much experience.

In a promotional advertisement for the station Julie Bologna (her own words and image) states that she's a lifelong Pittsburgh resident. Since this is in fact not at all true; it makes one wonder what else Julie claims that isn't entirely accurate. It also specifically shows the lack of oversight at the station.

I'm presently working on both a link to show this and a completely seperate dedicated site as well.

It's difficult to believe that Julie has actually remained on air after all of this- especially after the station let go two other on-air people whom were indeed more qualified than herself. But now that the facts are on the internet for anyone to research; it remains unlikely that anyone would hire her given the facts of her misrepresentation.
I totally agree with you, Mr. H. This "Julie" (if that is indeed her real name) needs to be taken off the air. Furthermore, those other two "more qualified" people- one of whom, I assume, must be you- need to be reinstated. This assault on journalistic ethics must not stand.
I encourage everyone on here to help Mr. Hasselblad get his job back as a meteorologist at WPXI in Pittsburgh!

shootist

PRO user
like passing a car wreck here....i guess i can't help but respond. i, in no way, shape or form represent the views of wpxi. i just work there.

i really thought this was a joke. i just want to be clear. is all the hubbub about her saying she's a "lifelong" resident even though she worked in Dallas for a few years? or was there something else?

to be honest with you, i've never seen the promo that's being discussed. i'll just take your word for it that it is as has been presented.

yeah, i guess if you define "lifelong" as NEVER leaving the town where you were born...i guess you have a point...but, seriously...that is a point that maaaaayyyybbbbeeeeee raises an eyebrow until you realize it really is just a promo. to take it to the level mr. h has, to me, rises to some level of sociopathy and i'm NOT kidding on that. i mean....wow!

by the way....just why would you expect julie to respond to you? do you think she has ever even heard of b-roll.net?

but here's one for you mr. hasselblad and i'm sure you'll be happy to substantiate your claims. Who are the two other on-air people that were let go? Can't wait to hear this.

Buck Satan

In the immortal words of the great bard William Shattner: "Get a Life! Its a TV show for Gods sake!"

JimmyS.

A few updates; even though WPXI and/or Julie Bologna have failed to acknowledge or reply.

Let the update show specifically that Julie Bologna of WPXI television (Pittsburgh, PA market) has misrepresented herself and engaged in false advertising in promoting the station. It's terribly difficult to believe that this type of activity would occur in this market and from a person whom claims to have this much experience.

In a promotional advertisement for the station Julie Bologna (her own words and image) states that she's a lifelong Pittsburgh resident. Since this is in fact not at all true; it makes one wonder what else Julie claims that isn't entirely accurate. It also specifically shows the lack of oversight at the station.

I'm presently working on both a link to show this and a completely seperate dedicated site as well.

It's difficult to believe that Julie has actually remained on air after all of this- especially after the station let go two other on-air people whom were indeed more qualified than herself. But now that the facts are on the internet for anyone to research; it remains unlikely that anyone would hire her given the facts of her misrepresentation.
Dude... Are you serious? Like everyone else, who freakin cares! I read her bio as well and it seems to me that she is a life long resident but just took some time off from the area to further advance her career. You are definately a stalker, wierdo, and obsessed with something that is entirely none of your freakin business.

Get a life, man.