what WAS that noise????

shootist

PRO user
so our story du jour was to meet up with a couple of "super shoppers" at a local goodwill store who will let our viewers in on some of their "secrets" to thrift shop shopping.

so we meet them there...i mic them both up and head inside, telling them to just do their thing.

well...it's pretty obvious from the get go that they're a couple of characters but as i start shooting...i start hearing this bizarre noise in my headphones.

it took a while to figure it out. the source of the sound was not on camera the first couple times i heard it. it took longer for the reporter to figure it out. she was trying to figure out why I was making that sound....then when she realized it wasn't me, she asked the store manager to turn it off.

finally, it becomes clear what it is and i get some shots. when i got back to the station, i slapped together a quick montage of outtakes just for some in-house giggles. well powers higher than i decide they want it on our website as a sidebar to the story.

and yes....all permissions were granted.

http://www.wpxi.com/video/20005397/index.html

Last edited:

cameradog

Christ almighty.

How is it that she has survived this long without someone putting a shock collar on her?

Now kids always spay and neuter your pets.... Seriously though the station wanted to post that on their site I would think the image it projects for its employees is not exactly what they want. Even if I thought it was x-mas tape worthy.

eb

Classic.
I assume she was asked if they could string these together for the web? She has to be a good sport about it.

Canonman

She should be sitting on someone's car hood with a device to tickle her ribs linked to the steering wheel... hehe.

cm