What do you want from the NPPA?

Tdomi74

I find it hard to believe that you can't tell whatever company does the website "This blows, nobody uses it, change it, or we'll find someone that can."
Smltm4nw: NPPA bought that template years ago. The company just did the outline for them and was not in charge of updating it since. Bottom line to either "Redo" the site or change the current template is going to take time and money. As we speak the Board of Directors am sure is talking about how to fix this issue. Be it dipping into the reserve fund, cutting another event or making it a priotity in the future.

Tdomi74

Actually, Brad is no longer Region 6 Director. He didn't run for re-election. Region 5 has Mike Borland. And I'm the Region 7 AD. It's still not enough TV representation though. QUOTE]

Merry Don't forget Pete Soby out of Region 9! And Merry is correct I did not run for re-election for various reasons. Although I'm very impress of the work of my successor already. Even though he's a still guy he's hit the ground a running.

AB

The internet needs to be more relevant

I'm not a board member so I don't know if these suggestions are financially feasible.

But I think the internet needs to be embraced as the primary tool for the NPPA.

For the television side, this could lead to constant streaming video of not only contest winners but monthly topics that could vary from lighting to composition to editing to nat sound to live truck safety to the business practices of freelancing, etc.

For the contest winners, in addition to the video clip, maybe accompany that with another clip of the photographer explaining the thought process that went with the story (like a "director's cut"). They used to do this years back with the video tape of the winners.

Why not do the same with the monthly magazine columns?

I like reading magazine's as much as the next, but that way of thinking is in the past.

This way instead of once a month, material can be spread out a posted each week, keeping the site fresh.

Also it seems there has been a problem recently with NPPA board members not liking information being placed on "B-roll.net" first. Well, why not make it a positive and use what works well here?

I've said it before on this site, I owe a lot to the NPPA, but I won't keep paying dues every year just out of a sense of loyalty. My dues come up again at the end of 2007. As of now, the $110 is staying in my pocket.