Underwater photography

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

<jd21478>

anyone have any suggestions or cheap solutions for underwater videography. I have a sweeps piece on the cleanliness of swimming pools.

Use a fish tank. Get one long enough to hold your camera. You may need some extra weight to sink it about 6 inches into the water. If you tip foreward you have a shot under water, if you tip it back you have a shot above water.

Some rain-x on the glass will help to bead the water off faster. In a pinch a potato will do the same thing. Just cut the potato in half and rub it on the glass.

If your trying to be creative with audio remember that your wireless reciever will not work if it's below the surface of the water. It has to be up higher.

N

<Nematode>

The fish tank is a great plan, just make sure that you don't get so into the shot that you let a bunch of water run over the top and on to the camera. Don't ask me how I learned about that part...

thru-the-lens

You might be able to rent an underwater camera from a local dive shop. It would probably be hi-8 or mini dv.

thru-the-lens.

"Racing is Life! Anything that happens before or after is just waiting." --Steve McQueen

Status
Not open for further replies.