Superstition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravenm

yup....before any gang-bang shoot i kiss my pinky ring...never understood why, just always have.

Lensmith

I don't know if this qualifies as superstition but...every time I'm going out the door of the house on a shoot my wife looks at me and says "you get to be a cameraman today". I respond "let's go make some television".

It's more of an inside joke about our freelance work than anything else.

The only other thing might be this little black and red hair brush I have had since my early days working in Oklahoma. I've had it in every news unit, every place I've worked. It's still in great shape and perfect for keeping my Rycote softie in top form...as well as my beard and thinning hair on my head ;o)

My wife is constantly trying to get me to throw it out even though it's still in perfect shape and clean. I don't leave on a gig unless it's in the center console of my truck and have held things up several times tracking it down when it was missplaced...again driving my wife/business partner up the wall.

Fisher

I've had the same hacky sack on the dashboard of my news vehicles. It has been in two Explorers and a Jeep Cheroke. I've only actually hacked with it maybe once or twice. But it is always there... just in case.

:D

PhotogFromFL

don't know if this qualifies, but I can't edit with my glasses on. And I don't like people watching me edit either.

BoomDrive

Originally posted by photoginFL:
don't know if this qualifies, but I can't edit with my glasses on. And I don't like people watching me edit either.
I absolutely cannot stand being watched while editing. There's exceptions, like not being able to read the reporter's chicken scratch or down-to-the-wire spot news causing you to edit on the fly. But, wow. If someone really wants to get on my nerves, they'll watch me edit.

E

<elvez>

i have alway hit the roof while going thru a yellow light in the work truck.....to keep the tickets away. it works!

Shaky & Blue

Originally posted by BoomDrive:
I absolutely cannot stand being watched while editing.
I b*tch and curse while I edit, so other people usually don't want to be in the room with me.

If they decide to stick around, the only thing that really bothers me is if they interrupt. But I'm usually moving so fast that they don't, and if they do I ignore them and either speed up or start jumping back and forth from beginning to end of the piece to confuse them.

Just ignore 'em.

N

<NeverSummer>

I keep a MoJo bag on my camera. There's a piece of video tape from the best story I've shot, and a barrel connector inside.

I also have a chicken foot hanging off my wireless receiver.

F

<field_edit>

i wear a hat everyday. but when i get into the edit bay i always take my hat off. for some reason it helps me to think more clear.
i also hate people watching me edit. especially in the truck because the editors are always messed up therefore causing a massive amount of yelling and screaming.

photogguy

I always feel the need to white balance at the beginning of every shoot.

:D

Sorry, couldn't resist. I've got a million of 'em.

Tippster

The Fly on the Wall
I've been carrying an Iron-on patch from a ski area in Washington State (Alpental) around in my wallet since I was 18 years old. I've not been hit by a train since... ;)

E

<ELVEZ>

Oh yeah, i forgot.

i also carry a most inspirational,moving and wise letter, written by a 15 year old girl to the local paper at the outset of the 1st Gulf war, in my wallet.

i pull it out as my last defense against the dark times.

i often wonder what ever became of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.