Shooting PAL

Focused

Tapes

Freedom,

Check with DHart in Michigan. He has some digibeta tapes to unload. That might help the situation a little.

Ruff

BBC can be funny. At the beginning of the year they chose to use my DSR500 over the PDW-700 . No real reason was given. It was 'If we can't get DigiBeta we will shoot DSR'.

freedom

Freedom,

Check with DHart in Michigan. He has some digibeta tapes to unload. That might help the situation a little.
I don't need tapes, the client can bring them. At their cost. The issue is their spending quite a bit more vs an EX-3. I suspect it is their nervousness over shooting on cards.

BluesCam

Actually "PAL" is SD. We just used an EX1 to shoot 50i HD for a UK client (25p can flicker with 60hz lights). We handed off the footage on an external hard drive via laptop.

Last edited:

freedom

I did my PAL shoot last week. I asked why the rejection of my EX-3 at a large savings in preference to the digibeta PAL. They told me they looked into it and BBC would have 'charged' them a lot for the downconvert of my HD footage to SD. Sounds funny to me.

This is a BBC-3 promo for a new series starting soon. Produced 'in-house' not by an outside production company. I'm getting paid by BBC directly.

For all of you shooting EX cameras for BBC, what is the majic bullet to get them to go EX?