Sat truck experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

WellLit

I'm about to start satellite truck experience....I'm very excited about it especially since I'm young and have been working in this business for almost three years. My question to you chiefs is how beneficial would having satellite experience be for me and my career as a news photographer? My goal is to be working in a top 20 market within the next 2-3 years. Would you [big market] chief photographers really put someone with sat experience on the top range of your list when considering who to hire? Thanks for your input.

satpimp

Sat Experience won't be a huge leg up in the photographer ranks, but it will make you more marketable. The key to the whole deal is REMOTE experience. Having a lot of remote work under your belt will only make you more valuable. Once you get your feet wet in transmission look for opportunities in flyaway transmission. If you have the temperment for travel, and transmission, having photographer and field editing experience as well as technical troubleshooting is just a plus.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.