Salvation Army Bell Ringer

Latin Lens

Not bad...quick and to the point. It didn't need any thrills but maybe just some cleaner edits. But overall a very good job.

I was taken aback just by the setup of your story....the vo before used all your video which I thought was weird....avoid that...keep the video different...don't give away your video before your story runs.

But somethings to think about.....good nats, good sound, good pacing...but you need more variation.....go way out in the parking lot and get a really wide shot...could add some perspective as to how busy the store is...and one shot was really blown out because of shade/sun effect....why don't you use the shade/sun to your advantage by getting a silohuette....thats a cool shot to get....what about going inside the store and using a nat of the doors opening/ closing with bell ringer outside....try and find as many artsy shots (focused foreground blurred background) because those can really help you. He is not moving so your shot variation needs to compensate.....keep it up.

NEWSSHOOTER3

Death by VO

The VO just wrecked that whole damn thing, I'm sorry. There should have been better communication about that show transition?

But, the piece was cut pretty well. The contrast was way too high behind the bell. I might suggest that its okay to allow that foreground be far darker, and ease that "blowout" behind it. Or, better yet, gather more REALLY tight shots. That solves more problems, by giving you far more cuts & transitions AND, by shooting tighter, greatly reduces your need to adjust for such a high contrast frame, by minimizing.

It had a nice beat, and I could dance to it... :)

nguyen.jason

I thought it was really good. I had to do a pkg on this last week myself. Same concept. The only thing I think that works the best is getting tight shots. Here in FL I used poinsettias to shoot thru it gave it a cool effect. I like the ground shot but I just think it got over used do to the vo and you used it twice in the pkg. But your on your way good job