Region 9

Todd Rogenthien

I was able to get some news on region 9 4th quarter today. I spoke with an A.E. at KNTV, who spoke to the chair handling the results. I was informed I would have results next week. I still have been unable to speak with Mark in person, so I will keep on it.

Now for good news. Region 9 1st quarter feature results are done. I have been forbidden by the NPPA board to post any results here. So I will post them on the nppa.org message board when I get a chance. Hopefully, they will be up on the contest section before that, but I can't promise anything.

Todd Rogenthien
NPPA TVQCC National Chair

Wutangmaster

Nppa Lost Its Marbles

What are they going to do fire you? Don't you do this for free, on your own time? I would go to the nppa's web page more if it was updated more often.

From region 9:What do you need us to do?

Todd, should we resubmit? To where? Have our tapes gone missing? I had a General news entry that quarter (besides the spot news 3rd that has shown up). Thanks, Everett KWGN

Todd Rogenthien

Yes, no more b-roll. I don't want to get into it, but some members of the board feel posting to b-roll was wrong. Some see b-roll as a rival organization and feelk b-roll should have it's own contest. When I took over 4 years ago and we finally got the standings up to date (they were two years behind), we built the contest page around instantaneous updates. As soon as they were approved, they were posted. At that time, I also did not want results posted here. Made no sense, but now in lieu of the lag time, I felt it was better to inform you more quickly here at b-roll.

I will post results to the NPPA message board as soon as I get them. I don't handle posting on the contest page. That is done in Durham. Before the E.D. left and the staff person responsible for posting left, it was nearly same day. Now it can take anywhere from a few days to more than a week. Just look at the NPPA message board for updates.

Todd

Todd Rogenthien

Everett,
Let me wait this latest bit of info out. The fact I finally got some info from KNTV is more promise than I had 24 hours ago. Resubmitting is a last resort, because I was never provided with an entrant's list. So I don't know who entered these catefories that are still out there. Hang in there, since region 8 is handling your entries this quarter, we're trying to take care of you guys. We're judging your enormous general news category tomorrow. I think there are more than 30 entries.

Todd

couryhouse

b-roll should have it's own contest

thre could be two contests.... no harm to that? comments?

Yes, no more b-roll. I don't want to get into it, but some members of the board feel posting to b-roll was wrong. Some see b-roll as a rival organization and feelk b-roll should have it's own contest. When I took over 4 years ago and we finally got the standings up to date (they were two years behind), we built the contest page around instantaneous updates. As soon as they were approved, they were posted. At that time, I also did not want results posted here. Made no sense, but now in lieu of the lag time, I felt it was better to inform you more quickly here at b-roll.

I will post results to the NPPA message board as soon as I get them. I don't handle posting on the contest page. That is done in Durham. Before the E.D. left and the staff person responsible for posting left, it was nearly same day. Now it can take anywhere from a few days to more than a week. Just look at the NPPA message board for updates.

Todd

thru-the-lens

What would you do with $110 dues?

thre could be two contests.... no harm to that? comments?

Yes! Lets start the b-roll.net awards. In fact, lets split and hire a director, Create the (ATVb-r) Association of Television B-roll or the Television B-roll Association (TVBRA). Or what ever name we can come up with?

thru-the-lens.