Life At Emmanuel

nguyen.jason

I would say work on getting tight shots of people and things to add to the story. and the interview i didn't like. the subject had way to much room to his left. it would have been nice to just sit on the other side of your camera then you would have the same effect but he would be facing towards the right of the camera. but it was a good story.

Latin Lens

Your composition is steadily improving...I like the concept of the interview...just have him look the other way, but I saw what you were going for and I still liked it.

Like Jason said...you really need to get tight shots to help add emotion and add some emphasis to feeling...so tights of hands clapping and tights of hand holding or smiles really would have improved this piece....I liked the softball shot but you stayed on it too long...and see what I said on the other piece you posted here....weave the nats and sots together so it flows and theres not much slow down with any dead air in audio.

I can tell your improving....keep trying...find your style....work out of comfort zone for a few shots and you'll see a differance...but you got to try...if you don't get the shots you can't use them.

NEWSSHOOTER3

Compelling

I don't dislike what you're doing, at all. I think you do very well with your gear. Your shots are well composed, almost to the point where the length doesn't bother me. Your experience is growing.

Forgive me if I've asked before, but is this a newspaper "video" department?

Regardless, the work you've posted will win you some AP hardware, I'd guess.
:)

Thanks again. I really appreciate the feedback. I see your point about the interview. I realized the same thing while I was editing. I still working on consistently getting tight shots and scene setters.

We have a multimedia department as part of the photo dept. We do video and sometimes photo galleries and slide shows for the website.

pgh412

That was very well done for a newspaper video story in my opinion.
The interview was misframed though... have the "talk room" facing the other way.
As everyone else it begs for tighter shots to show emotion and break up the piece.
Also, you had great nat sound at the beginning with the clapping. I'd have brought up the basketball dribbling with a tight shot of the ball on the court....video and then the sound coming up and and then slow zoom to the shot of the two players.
Just my 2 cents.
Great job though, very nice story.