KNBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

<Me And Me>

Who is the person who dose the hiring there? Field Photogs. Please help!

Y

<Yo>

Originally posted by <Me And Me>:
Who is the person who dose the hiring there? Field Photogs. Please help!
They are not hiring. If so, it is with Yoh!

T

<They ARE>

They are hiring!!!, add went up on tv jobs.com just the other day. However be warned they are not doing so good, the GM is running the station into the ground.

M

<me and me>

Who should I send my tape to? I work for NBC in San Jose. I would love to work there.

M

<Me and Me>

Anyone... Please. I am working in San Jose. I would KILL to work for KNBC!

Who should I send my tape to?

N

<nbc'er>

for god's sake man, make a call yourself. And you say you work for nbc san jose, if you were compitent and resourceful it's not that hard to get that info within your own company. sign up for tvjobs.com, better yet just go ask Sanders to hook you up. Begging and Begging for someone else to do your homework just shows me that we probably won't look at the next resume we get from san jose, it doesn't sound as though your the kind of professional we are looking for!!!!

P

<pro>

hwo wants to shoot overnights, weedkends, then hand the tape over to a butcher?

L

<LAer>

Originally posted by <pro>:
hwo wants to shoot overnights, weedkends, then hand the tape over to a butcher?
It's called working in the big time.

It's also called making a big time paycheck.

If you don't want to work your way up from the bottom then feel free to stay in Smallville making Smallville pay covering Smallville stories.

Most will chose to work where real news means getting a real paycheck :D

S

<S.J.NBC>

Originally posted by <nbc'er>:
for god's sake man, make a call yourself. And you say you work for nbc san jose, if you were compitent and resourceful it's not that hard to get that info within your own company. sign up for tvjobs.com, better yet just go ask Sanders to hook you up. Begging and Begging for someone else to do your homework just shows me that we probably won't look at the next resume we get from san jose, it doesn't sound as though your the kind of professional we are looking for!!!!
I agree with you man. The people up in San Jose are more into art than shooting news. There are some great shooters, but, when it comes to breaking news, they are always late. Ask anyone who works at the other stations in the market about the shooters and how they cover news. Especially about the chief photographer who gets away breaking a $60,000 SX camera, plays favorites with his staff and screws with other people's livelihoods.

This station flips over photogs and reporters at the rate of a fry cook at Burger King flipping burgers.

H

<Hey LA'er>

We're perfectly happy here in the bay area or as you call it smallville...i believe nabet will put us at the same rate.

M

<Me>

Have they filled the opening? Do any of the other LA stations have any opening?

E

<East Coast>

Stay far away from LA! Have you seen LA Photography? Enough said!

R

<Robert>

Stay out of news...Try entertainment news (E!) OR try somthing outside of news..
Shoot station promos....Show tags...Show bumpers..or entertainment (sit down interviews)... you know...somthing creative
News is news.... How many different ways can you light a reporter? How many times do you get to do somthing different or creative? Cant stage anything for news...outside of news you get to abuse it ;)
I see some great stuff on local news here and some stuff that looks like my kid shot it..
Doesnt matter if your on the west coast or east coast or in the middle.

Sorry.... Im bored....
See ya
Robert

M

<Me>

Do you know of any opening? I need a full-time job. How would I go about getting work? I have a really good tape.

N

<ntlz>

dude, can't you take a hint? get off your butt and start looking. you'd be a pain in the arse if you came to work here, i can just tell. none of us want to do your searching for you, until you show some gumption of your own. get off it already!

M

<Me>

Why are you such an Azz? I am woring it. I find it a great help to ask fellow Photog for some help. You just seem like one of these DicHeads who are afraid of someone who maybe better then you.

R

<Researcher>

Originally posted by <Me>:
Why are you such an Azz? I am woring it. I find it a great help to ask fellow Photog for some help. You just seem like one of these DicHeads who are afraid of someone who maybe better then you.
The poster does have a point about getting off your butt. So, from one photog to another, "I will hand feed you" what I learn from doing it myself several months ago.

This is the worst market to find a job. You will not get a full time job at any station in the market. There are so many photogs who are out of work in L.A., the market has become over saturated. Two independents were bought and become a duopoly and combine newsrooms. As a result of the merger, many older photogs have been laid off or forced in to an early retirement package. Those who were laid off, got work at the other O&Os by being in the market for so long and new people at the other stations. They may be getting one or two days a week. Others have bought their own package freelance on their own. If you see an opening, it is going to go to someone who has been in the market for years. I visited L.A. recently and the photography is horrible. I can't totally pass judgment on the shooting since, I don't know if the tape was dropped off or not and the photog didn't edit the piece or he is shooting three packages and two vosots a day. I can tell good framing and composition regardless of the time element. So, having a good tape doesn't mean squat. What the previous poster is try to get across to you by saying" You'd be a pain in the arse if you came to work here, I can just tell." is that, the photog with many years of experience realizes your not self sufficient and you depend on others. In the bigger markets, it's all about being street savvy, run and gun and taking **** from primadonna reporters. Being reliable and doing what it takes getting it on the air if it is by getting basic shots and feeding it back miles away from the station. Don't relying on others for anything, like getting directions from the desk to help you. There is little tolerance or patience in the higher level markets. So don't take it so personal and call people DicHeads. There may be some who are because, they are afraid of someone like you who maybe better than them and might take there job because, there are a few operations managers who have allowed freelancers to come in on their own time to prove themselves and have forced people off the schedule who have been their along time.

I hope I have open your eyes a bit now!

R

<Robert>

Well "reseacher" is kinda right...But dont be afraid to ask another guy for help..but you will have a hard time finding work here if you dont know anyone...
I have been very fortunate (sp ?) to be were i am now and it is because i "ASKED"

In the little time I have been doing this, I have only been asked once to show my reel , Because it`s all word of mouth and who you know..

But then again ...I dont shoot news..I think those guys are a little bit more concerned about letting a new guy into the locker room..( and thats not bad...is it?)

Status
Not open for further replies.