Iraq pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2000lux

I have a friend who may have a gig in Iraq. He was wondering what people are charging to shoot DV over there? He may have to one man band entirely (shoot, report, edit the entire peice). He'll probably be shooting on an industrial DV or DVC-PRO camera and edit on FCP.

austinsatguy

I do not want to say what I charge, but I will say others out there mostly not US charge 250 - 350 US for a day rate. Long term 2 months or more often at a better rate.

250-350 to work in Iraq. I only charge $350 a day when I work in the states. When I work in any other country, I charge a min. of $500 a day. but to work in Iraq, I would charge slightly more. I was on a staff job last time I was in Iraq. actually still freelance, just on a long term contract.

2000lux

I thought that sounded a bit low! My friend quoted his client $500 / day. I thought that with all the work he'll be doing, the danger, hardship, blah blah blah it should be more like $1000 / day. I guess that would add up a little too quickly for most employers.

Originally posted by sng_turtle:
I was on a staff job last time I was in Iraq. actually still freelance, just on a long term contract.
That's definitely the way to go, if you can. You can afford to charge considerably less if you are guaranteed steady work and possibly some benefits. If you're only getting your daily rate a couple of times a week though, forget about it.

Flaca Productions

i just did afghanistan for 3 weeks at 500/day + per diem which was about 200/day. per diem goes in your pocked as you can't spend it if you tried and we were staying with military anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.