iPad teleprompters

B&T

Any particular brands stick out to anybody? I have enough jobs coming up requiring a teleprompter that it now makes sense to purchase one. I already own an iPad. Any pluses/minuses? Also any recomendations on which app to use? Thanks guys!

Run&Gun

We've been using the iPad/ProPrompter combo for several years and it's great for down and dirty prompting in the field. I even have the mirror/thru-the-lens set-up with my "home" gear and have used the TTL set-up on some corporate and broadcast jobs. If you're doing newsy type stuff, it's great, but if you're doing a project with a lot of prompting(and script changes), you are better off getting a "real" prompter(and operator).

I purchased an ipad teleprompter from LCD4Video.com a couple of months. It was $350 and I've used it twice so far. You can connect from your iphone through wifi or bluetooth. I downloaded the app "teleprompter +" on my ipad and "remote +" on my iphone. I've only used it with wifi but it has worked great both times I've used it. You can also find them on Ebay, http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-iPad-Teleprompter-Kit-/130712521683?pt=US_Tablet_Accessories&hash=item1e6f12cbd3#ht_5186wt_1007

I've used it with the Sony EX1R and Canon DSLR's. The only thing I purchased was a small plastic washer from home depot (50 cents) because the screw to screw in to your camera is a tad too long. The washer acts as a spacer so the camera fits tight on the sled now. I highly recommend the one I bought if you need a prompter on occasion.

2000lux

The main limitation is that the screen is a bit small, so the talent has to be close to the camera. Larger ones are much easier to read.

The good news is that you can control it with your iPhone.

Last edited:

Todio

Hmmm, I didn't have a real good experience wit ProPrompter the last time I used it. Adding files was fine, just copy and paste. Getting it to sync with the iPhone was a bit fiddly but once we worked it out it went fine.

Controlling the scrolling was another matter entirely. We could only get it to scroll in one direction (i.e., couldn't back up a line if they wanted to stop and re-start in the middle of a paragraph) and couldn't vary the sped of the scroll (our work around was to scroll a bit too fast and constantly stop and start) VERY annoying, especially since I was also doing sound and sending a Skype feed back to clients in another city.