HOW TO MAKE MONEY SHOOTING STOCK FOOTAGE

Douglas

As I travel around teaching workshops I get a lot of questions about how I'm able to make a good income shooting stock footage ($2700/mo. as of right now), so I thought I'd produce a master class to teach everything I've learned. If you've got skills at shooting video and access to a professional camcorder, you're crazy not to be doing stock in your spare time.

5 hours and 26 chapters.
Check it out if you're interested:https://vimeo.com/323480465

Last edited:
Doug, thanks so much for producing this. I thought about doing stock years ago when I was a freelancer, but never really invested the time to learn how to do it properly. I'll have to take a look at this course. I work for a production house now, and keep pretty busy. But I've been looking for something to do with my Blackmagic Camera for the last couple of years. It's literally collecting dust in my old gear closet.

Besides, I spend a LOT more of my time these days in the edit suite, and not nearly as much time out shooting as I did when I was in news. This might give me a reason to get outdoors again and get back do doing what I love... Just spending some time with me and my camera!

Douglas

Hi Kevin, that's exactly how I feel about shooting and the reason I got started with stock footage in the first place. Mosatly tt gave me an excuse to get out and shoot. Making money was not really even on my mind back then but now it certainly is. All the fun of shooting with no clients to answer to. I enjoy it.