How to contact national network?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alaska cameradude

I have some footage I just shot that I think a national network may be interested in. Basically 4 people in 5 days have won new cars in the GM/Onstar promotion here in my hometown of Juneau(population about 30 thousand) Interestingly enough Juneau is the largest "city" on the west coast without road access (you need to get on a ferry to get your car into or out of here.) Anyways I have some B-roll and interviews with the winners and I thought a national network may like it for one of their morning shows or something. But I can't find anything on the internet anywhere with a phone # on it. Does anyone have any ideo how to get ahold of the national networks?? They probably get pitched ideas like this a lot from freelancers trying to sell some video but I thought maybe this would be something they would want...can't hurt to try I guess. Thanks for any help! :)

Douglas

You should contact GM/Onstar and let them make the contact for you -- or at least point you in the right direction while they lurk in the shadows waiting for the "free" publicity to happen spontaneously. You can beleive they KNOW who to contact.

tdelarm

Simple...call the networks assignment desks or...call the Anchorage stations as they will also have those numbers for the networks. I'm sure the Juneau stations have those numbers as well.

Tell them who you are, what you have and ask if they would be interested. Chances are the national net's will not be interested but you never know...may be some interest on the morning shows...I'd also try the Seattle stations for interest. Possible KING TV's magazine show would be interested.

The twist here as you mentioned is Juneau's roads lead no-where yet people are winning cars.

Use the internet to get your station contact numbers.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.