Gang Unit

http://videos.cleveland.com/plain-dealer/2008/10/gang_impact_squad.html

Please critique my work so I can continue to improve. I haven't completed a year in video yet. The video is a nat pak for the company website. The beginning of the video is rough because I was trying to get out of the car while filming without being in the line of fire which was difficult since I was in the first car. Also, it was my first video ride-along.

I had to remove all of the cursing (there was a lot) so you will hear some drops in the audio. I think I missed a word.

I look forward to your suggestions and comments. Thanks again.

nguyen.jason

Being a former Clevelander its cool you guys are puting stuff up. I kinda felt like it was a mini cops type of story. I didn't mind it at all. It looked good for all the action.

Latin Lens

For the style of the subject it was well shot...you followed the action and there wasn't much need for actual editing becuase it is kinda like a Cops episode so you did good there.

My thing with is was maybe in a case like this you weave the Sots and the Nats together to help explain whats going on or what they do...instead of 10 secs of nats and then a 10 sec soundbite....instead try this:

Nat of arriving at scene or yelling at suspect
Soundbite: This unit was started 5 years ago....
Nat: Get out or the car or show your hands
Soundbite: We track down gangsters and try and keep the streets safe
Nat: taking suspect to the ground
Nat: handcuffs (tight shot)

First or second bite can be on cam.....but this gets both working together instead of seperate...this will work if you take the time to trim the bites and weave the nats in and out. Try it in practice and see/ hear the differance.

Latin Lens,

Thanks for the editing example. It was very helpful. Over the holidays, I hope I can reedit 1 or 2 of the videos using the critiques I've received.

Thanks everybody else.