Fall in NC- Student work

cameragod

You are a bit heavy handed with the camera. There is no excuse for the camera bumping around on long lens static shots. Set up the shot squeeze record and step away from the camera. No hands no shake. If you want to pan put your hands around the bowl of the tripod head and use your thumbs to pan.
For the rest I’d have looked for more reflections, pull focus and wildlife… nothing like a duck cutaway :)

Latin Lens

Well...not bad. Like cameragod said....watch for the camera shake...or edit it out.

You have good composition...but you were a little repeatative with it...be mindful of that....too much of a good thing can be bad.

I think the idea of this piece...very artsy....but if you got some more better shots like fall in the early morning or at sunset would greatly improve your piece.

Would like to know what camera you are using....some shots looked a little overexposed...is that in your control?

Don't be afraid to get more creative....shooting the lake reflection...throw a rock and get the ripples....slow mo is your friend, use it and search your surroundings for shots....sure the obvious is there but want else can you find hidden where no one looks?

theodore864

thanks for the feedback.
cameragod- thanks for your advice on the shakiness of the camera. This is no excuse, but perhaps an explanation, I had to take a small, compact tripod, because, I biked there with my camera stuff and tripod in a backpack.
latin lens- i appreciate the framing and composition advice. I agree, i did use a bit too much of the same thing. I'll have to look harder next time i guess.
I used a Panasonic AG DVC-30. I did mean the shots to be a tad over-exposed, i thought it might make for a cool look, like CBS uses in alot of its shows. guess not.
anyways, thanks for taking the time to watch it and critique it. I really do appreciate it.
Nick

NEWSSHOOTER3

Shake

Not a bad lil' college piece. The music was good. Try using the macro to get to & from, if applicable. There was a lot of shake, too much. Also, natural sound of... say... leaves shaking would have added a lot.

All-in-all, not a bad college level piece...