ESPN/Indy series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baltimore Shooter

Brian,
I do a lot of work w/ ESPN covering motorsports. No offense here, but they don't want a DVX-100 or any Mini DV/DVCam camera, no matter how "serious" it is. Sorry, not trying to put you down or anything, just saying how it is.
Warren

Flaca Productions

Warren,
i hear ya - i'm not lookin to shoot tape for them - but DV isn't all i do. sending you an email at your 'production' email address off your web site.....
thanks for the response...

Tv Shooter

The Indy broadcasts are done by Telex,a production company owned by Tony George.They are basically an inhouse production service for the IRL,and produce all IRL related video.ABC/ESPN justs broadcasts the event with ABC's talent,all production...ie cameras,directors ect come from Telex.
They are still located in Indy I believe,and the IRL PR dept can give you the address and number.
I am pretty sure they do some local hires,but as with NASCAR the director has his camera guys.
I used to do a lot of Nascar and now do most of my work for Speed Channel,usually 2nd tier series like Xtreme Dirt Car and Hooters Pro Cup.

Flaca Productions

tv shooter - EXACTLY what i was lookin for. thanks. all of the live stuff that i have done in the past was directly for abc (college football) and cbs (nfl) and wasn't produced by a 3rd party. all i need is where to send stuff - i'll fight the battle after that! thanks again.

PHX Shooter

TV Shooter, do you have some names of the production companies that shoot for Speed? I live right by Infineon raceway and want to do some shooting for the local motorcycle races. Got some contacts with the NorCal racers.
thx

Baltimore Shooter

Lee,
Chet Burks Productions from Marietta, GA does a lot of the AMA events - Superbike, Motocross, Arenacross, Flat Track, etc.
You live by Infineon, damn, I'm jelious. How far are you from Lugana Seca?

Tv Shooter

Chet Burks indeed does the bike races. I've worked for them and they are really a great company. They paid onsite, perdiem upfront and milage was within about a week after I invoiced them.
www.cbptv.com

Richard Campbell
Tvshooter

Status
Not open for further replies.