Betacam SX Ingest question

PAD Imaging

Oh. I just used a can of cleaner and went for the fine print.

Yes, that's what I mean. I took the system fairly apart to clean and lube, and I didn't index it accurately. There are several electrical adjustments, and I bet that's the simpler way to dial it back in.

Yes! That lens has "Noahs Ark A/V Unit" engraved on it. It's a fujinon pegasus II IIRC. Need to find a round hood for it. Otherwise, even into the big teevee at my house via composite, it's plenty, plenty sharp.

Shawn

Necktie Boy

Good research Shawn!

I think the cheapest way to power you camera in the field will be a battery belt.

I still think finding a portable player/recorder off ebay for less that $300 bucks is a better way to go.

Keep us up to date!

PAD Imaging

I thought about recelling a belt. There are ab 30/12's (i think) for $30 right now.
But, I've been reading their book on batteries, and how they effect balance.
For now, I'm gonna buy a SLA @ home depot for $20, rig up a network to power the cam (via xlr input) and the light and call it a day.

Trying to find a tripod adaptor, will prolly just fab one up.
bought two 6 min tapes to test the deck with, now need one long tape.
aaannd, that's where I'm at. Oh, collecting tips for stuff to shoot, setting up accounts for places to upload, and getting some graphics ready to append to the clips!

Shawn

Necktie Boy

You should be able to find a tripod plate on ebay for around $100 bucks. I think you camera uses the same one as other Sony cameras.

I guess Old BetacamSP tape will work. Ask one of the station if they have used stock.

valvashon

I have about 20 somewhat used BetaSX 62 minute tapes you can have if you pay the freight- USPS media mail to make it cheap. They were used for recording our news shows off-air and were recycled every other month. So they've got some passes on them but they aren't dirty, wrinkled up old field tapes. Like I said, they are yours for the cost of the postage. They need to be gone by the 1st of May.

Val

PAD Imaging

AH! *so* sorry I missed this. Usually I get an email when there's activity.
Thank you for the generous offer, though!

Shawn

PAD Imaging

Well, for those keeping count, I've made no progress on the adapter, homebrew or otherwise. I did get a few tapes, a tripod, light, and I diy'd a universal battery system for the two. I won an edit deck (the teenier one) off ebay but just havent picked it up yet. Still appears I'm feeding analog into the laptop.

Happened upon a wreck, and tried to ustream it with my phone. THAT was a disaster. Uber-blocky. No local copy, either. Too bad because a local station wanted it, too.

Soon as I make a raincoat for the camcorder and a battery pouch, I am out shooting!

Shawn

valvashon

My mistake- I didn't mean to give you like two days to respond to the offer of tapes. I meant end of May/June 1st and it came out May 1st. I still have the tapes and the offer still stands.

Val

Sportsguy

There is a DNW-A25 deck on eBay for $500 buy it now, and it has an SDI out. Not a cheap solution, but you'd get a cleaner output for playback. However, I remember them as being particularly unreliable, at least when used in conjunction with another for editing, so...