Barry Manilow - A new liberal embarrassment.

Buck Satan

The true will of the majority would be a vote of no confidence in the system. In the last five elections, have more than 25% of the eligible voters vote their candidate to power? The process has become a farce of special interests stuffing fat wads of filthy lucre to every politician who will shill for them. The choices before us are which entitled bloated plutocrat is least distasteful.

So when you sound off on voting a certain way because of what some people believe and behave, then you are a part of the problem. In fact you are the problem. I blame you personally for the state of the Union. Yes you and you alone...:)

On the other hand you might have been trying to be facetious...

Canonman

The choices before us are which entitled bloated plutocrat is least distasteful.
Very true. I've said it on other threads here, but IMO, our last few presidential elections have been a choice between dumb and dumber.

Even though I tend to vote Republican, I feel that George W. is an idiot. A horrible president. I'm very thankful for term limits at this point.

Rant over.

cm

lake4

Voting for the liberal left renders your futures irrelevent.

Very true. I've said it on other threads here, but IMO, our last few presidential elections have been a choice between dumb and dumber.

Even though I tend to vote Republican, I feel that George W. is an idiot. A horrible president. I'm very thankful for term limits at this point.

Rant over.

cm
Congratulations.

Canonman

lake4 said:
Voting for the liberal left renders your futures irrelevent.
I said nothing about voting that way. I said George W. Bush is an idiot, a spoiled rich kid who has no business being the leader of anything.

And before you get the bright idea that I'm some non patriot for disliking our current president, know that I am the proud father of a US Marine who has served in Iraq and done so very admirably... despite having a CIC who is an idiot. Had Bush been more keen on keeping up the pressure in Afghanistan, rather than tracking down the guy who tried to kill his 'daddy', maybe we could be celebrating the past existence of Bin Laden, rather than him making tapes to taunt us with a few weeks ago.

cm

FWIW, I think the only irrelevant future is yours on this message board.

TimG

know that I am the proud father of a US Marine who has served in Iraq and done so very admirably... despite having a CIC who is an idiot. Had Bush been more keen on keeping up the pressure in Afghanistan, rather than tracking down the guy who tried to kill his 'daddy', maybe we could be celebrating the past existence of Bin Laden.
My car sports a bumper sticker that says:

"Somewhere in Texas a village is missing it's idiot".

From what I've read and heard, your 100% right about the Afghanistan strategy. The invasion of Iraq's major achievement was mainstreaming Muslim extremists in Middle Eastern political arena. Someone should be held accountable for that blunder and from EVERYTHING I've read, Iraq was soley Bush's personal brain child. No one, I mean no one within his administration or the military cared about Iraq. Powell tried to stop it and was pushed out for his trouble. Everyone knew that Saddam was contained.

Glad to hear your son's out of harm's way Canonman. My brother was in The Corps too . . . . .

Tim

Last edited:

lake4

Because we disagree ?

I said nothing about voting that way. I said George W. Bush is an idiot, a spoiled rich kid who has no business being the leader of anything.

And before you get the bright idea that I'm some non patriot for disliking our current president, know that I am the proud father of a US Marine who has served in Iraq and done so very admirably... despite having a CIC who is an idiot. Had Bush been more keen on keeping up the pressure in Afghanistan, rather than tracking down the guy who tried to kill his 'daddy', maybe we could be celebrating the past existence of Bin Laden, rather than him making tapes to taunt us with a few weeks ago.

cm

FWIW, I think the only irrelevant future is yours on this message board.
Can't tell you how many posts & private messages laced with threats, insults, and like yours the prediction of my demise over disagreeing. It makes for excellent evidence that those who would wish to silence the opposition who supports the president, his decisions, the war on terrorism WHEREVER and ALL OVER the planet where it's being fought, that your position is opposite of everything your son, and all sons & daughters are fighting and dying for. You should be ashamed of yourself for calling for the silence of someone who supports the mission your own son is fighting for. I'm thankful your son doesn't carry the anti right to speak gene from his father. He is a hero in my eyes, and people who would silence the support for his mission a ZERO. Which one are you ? I think it's clear. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to point it out.

lake4

Originally Posted by Buck Satan
The choices before us are which entitled bloated plutocrat is least distasteful.

Now THAT is the description of the democrat candidates that I've been looking for. Thank you for that.

Canonman

Uh oh, posts like that will anger the Repubilcans on here. Prepare to be flamed.

Warren
No problem Warren, it doesn't really matter to me. As I stated earlier, I tend to vote Republican. But I am not satisfied with the way our current administration has done things. I believe that's my right as an American citizen to feel that way. I won't blindly follow someone and praise every thing they do based on the letter R or D after their name.

cm

Camera Face

Can't tell you how many posts & private messages laced with threats, insults, and like yours the prediction of my demise over disagreeing. It makes for excellent evidence that those who would wish to silence the opposition who supports the president, his decisions, the war on terrorism WHEREVER and ALL OVER the planet where it's being fought, that your position is opposite of everything your son, and all sons & daughters are fighting and dying for. You should be ashamed of yourself for calling for the silence of someone who supports the mission your own son is fighting for. I'm thankful your son doesn't carry the anti right to speak gene from his father. He is a hero in my eyes, and people who would silence the support for his mission a ZERO. Which one are you ? I think it's clear. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to point it out.
For the last time lake4: Nobody wants you to shut up because they disagree with you. They want you to shut up because you are a
d!ckhead. Not to worry, though. In America we all have the right to be a d!ckhead. That's right lake, Canonman's son and thousands of others in Iraq and elsewhere are fighting every day for your right to be a d!ckhead. Remember that every time you post a d!ckhead comment.

lake4

Nobody wants you to shut up because they disagree with you.

Sorry, didn't know you spoke for "nobody," then again it makes sense.