WOAI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

<have>

I just have it too good. Mr. "I have a Masters in communication".

thru-the-lens

Hey Jimmy is a class act! If the "nameless" poster is fearful of taking up his offer of beers I am sure that Jellico, Elvez, and myself could show up too! We'd never pass up free beers. :D

As for WOAI, that shop just got hit with a wave of people that moved up all at one time. So, naturally others have to step up to fill the gaps until reinforcements arrive.

Jimmy is from what I hear and see an excellent teacher in "the style" that they use. One of the rare chiefs that gets time to give critiques to newer photogs, and take care of equipment needs.

thru-the-lens.

"Racing is life! Anything that happens before or after is just waiting." --Steve McQueen

Jagdkamera

Originally posted by thru-the-lens:
Hey Jimmy is a class act! If the "nameless" poster is fearful of taking up his offer of beers I am sure that Jellico, Elvez, and myself could show up too! We'd never pass up free beers.
What George said! ;)

SAwood

yeah, all the guys leaving is just bad timing. but it's the biz right?

As far as jimmy goes, when i started, I knew nothing about this job. for some reason, he thought i would make a good photog...go figure:) he taught me EVERYTHING. He was willing to give his own time and effort to see that I learned what I needed, when he could have just as easily hired someone else with more experience.....which is just about everybody. we've had, and still have, some great photogs. and from what I see in the market, we are allowed the most creative freedom of all the stations, and I think Jimmy has alot to do with that.

so if so and so takes you up on that beer offer, let me know. I'll take you up on it too:) cause hey, free beer!

J

<Jimmy>

Thanks for the kind words... They're appreciated.

I'm not going to respond to the silly remarks made by the anonymous poster, it's not worth it.

However, like John said, no shop is perfect. But we are trying to build a culture of expermentation. We try to build morale at every turn. We are lucky that we are encouraged to push the boundry as far as we can take it. Of course, sometimes it doesn't work... But people are not brought down for it, it's used as a learning experience.

Oh, Elvez can argue with the best of 'em. I know first hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.