Today I....

AZphotogr

Went to a warehouse fire. Unfortunatly it was fatal, Elderly man trapped inside. I accidently stood on an ant hill while shooting. I ended geting bit about 15 times by some big ass black ants, not fun.

[ June 25, 2005, 01:03 AM: Message edited by: AZphotogr ]

RichVid

...We had a local Sheriff's deputy killed today...working by himself, he was talking to a woman at the front door of a residence when a gangmember walked up to him and put a bullet into his head...in broad daylight. They threw him in another patrol car and took him to a rinky-dink hospital, and then airlifted him from there to a trauma center where he died... I was able to get ground footage at the small hospital and of the airlift that everyone picked up...I didn't bother going near the crime scene...I heard 'em say on the radio to detain ANYONE who was loitering in the area or who looked like a gangmember...You can kinda understand their sadness and frustration, yet it can be dangerous for us during times like that...

INLANDNEWS

In Sheriff Lee Baca's press conference over the weekend, the suspect had a rap sheet that ran the length of the room...Crazy such a dangerous criminal is walking the streets!

RichVid

Yesterday's funeral in downtown was amazing...over 2,000 emergency vehicles and 6,000+ attendees...the procession took over 90 minutes to drive the 5 miles from the downtown cathedral to the East L.A. cemetary...

Natural Born Stringer

.... checked my balance at the ATM and discovered not one but TWO paychecks had been deposited! :eek:

Turns out one of them is my vacation pay for the week off I'm taking next month. Shoot, I thought I had finally gotten that damn raise! :D

Still it was quite cool to see that much money in the bank for a change. Usually it's LOWER than I expected.

On the spot news front we had an awesome police chase yesterday, the dude actually drove onto the tarmac at Sky Harbor and raced by some planes like something out of a Hollywood movie! It was freaking awesome.

Check it out here: http://www.kpho.com/Global/story.asp?S=3541908&nav=23KtbdtU

Tazam77

Today parked the news car in the grass way off the interstate. 8-10 cop cars pulled over for a tractor trailer shooting. A car goes by loses control misses the news car by a few feet, goes up the embankment on the roof and lands upright on the shoulder. I then moved the car way way way off the side. Luckily the driver had a seatbelt and was fine. no video.

BluesDaddy

Originally posted by Tazam77:
Today parked the news car in the grass way off the interstate. 8-10 cop cars pulled over for a tractor trailer shooting. A car goes by loses control misses the news car by a few feet, goes up the embankment on the roof and lands upright on the shoulder. I then moved the car way way way off the side. Luckily the driver had a seatbelt and was fine. no video.
Holy Crap!!! Glad to hear you're okay! Next time roll on it! ;)

RichVid

..shot a fire in a warehouse full of chemical crap...they didn't yell at me so there I was shooting away from right outside the rollup doors...watched 'em spray water on one thing on fire and it only made the flames bigger! That was fun...the smoke smelled like some kind of nuts...when I left, my throat hurt like hell and I kept getting mucous buildup on the top (sorry for the details)...I know I'm an idiot ...thank God I have health insurance...

ewink

...Got very, very wet.

Monsoon season in the valley has begun. And now I know, it begins when I am eating lunch in an outdoor cafe.

Massive flooding, got one live set up then heard cars were floating, so went to that one. Then, in between shows, there was a robbery with a pursuit that ended in a crash!!

Busted down and flew to that for live in our second show!

Busiest Sunday I have had in - well - forever.

INLANDNEWS

Got wet in a frickin rain storm in the middle of summer in Southern California...starting to have nightmares of all the flooding from this winter!

SeagateNews

Shot my third fatal ax...right down the street from where my first fatal crash happened. Guy was speeding, went of the road, flew over a big concrete sewer thing, was ejected from the vehicle, and was DOA. Bad part is, I thought the medics were going to start working on him, so I got a tight shot because I shoot for that department. That quickly turned into a shot of just the body. Crazy stuff...

We ran it as breaking news at 10...subsequently alerting all of the other stations. Oh well, at least I was there first...

[ July 28, 2005, 12:58 AM: Message edited by: Seagate News ]

SeattleShooter

Today I re-edited regurgitated news. Nothing better then doing that (sarcasm included).

Shot a truck vs. train. Truck won. The driver took off on foot after he got hit. They still have yet to find him.

Oh...and its a nice 94 outside.

RichVid

SEAGATE NEWS:

What are you shooting with? Your new Sony or station equipment? How's the new cam working out for you?

Rich

SeagateNews

I'm still shooting with the sony, and it's working out very well...still trying to get used to the zebra and exposure and stuff, but it's working out great. Using the low-light a lot, so I'm glad i went the sony route. I've been allowed to shoot with the station gear quite often as an intern...learning lotsa stuff, but still having problems with zebra & exposure that way, too. As a matter of fact, I'm thinking I'm going to do a search on zebra right now...

Sharp Shooter

today I am....
Shot the morning weather shots for the news briefs, fed them up to the station and now i am
surfing the net while listening to scanners.
6 am to 2 am shift.
At 0850 all is well and quiet. For now anyway!
S.S.

BluesDaddy

...shuttled vehicles to the repair shop for oil changes ...and there may be a live shot this afternoon. Not bad for a Friday.

TightShot

got to shoot at two flooded businesses after a 30-minute storm left their parking lots about 2-3 feet deep in water and their stores/businesses a half a foot of water deep inside. Never before have I arrived at a shoot, stripped off my shoes and socks, rolled up my pants legs and waded to a location, and today I did it for more than an hour! Man, standing in rushing water up to my knees-I HAD SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!!!!! May I reiterate, what a FUN SHOOT! I really, really had a blast.
Sucks for the businesses though.