SxS Card Footage Retreval

N.Klaeser

I shot a ton of footage on a Sony 32gb SxS Card with a PXW160.

There was only enough room in the card to hold 3 more minutes of footage.

Came back to the station and tried loading the footage but the card reader would not read the card. No thumbnails.
Tried putting the card back in the camera and displayed no thumbnails. Ugh.

Any advice or knowledge of any media retreval software?

At the scene

So I'm not to familiar with Sony. Mostly a Panasonic user, I know in the P2 world I have run into clips with a red X which will not play back or read from a card reader. In the menu on a P2 camera there is a function that reads (repair clip) by choosing that function it seems to put everything back together. I don't know if your camera has something like that. The big difference between my scenerio and yours is that I did see clips they were just blank with a red X on it which tells me there is something there but its in need of repair.

Last edited:
So I'm not to familiar with Sony. Mostly a Panasonic user, I know in the P2 world I have run into clips with a red X which will not play back or read from a card reader. In the menu on a P2 camera there is a function that reads (repair clip) by choosing that function it seems to put everything back together. I don't know if your camera has something like that. The big difference between my scenerio and yours is that I did see clips they were just blank with a red X on it which tells me there is something there but its in need of repair.
You should be able to do the same in camera. I have only ever had to do it once, so I apologize for the fact that I forget what they call it but it is there. Also I believe that catalyst offers a similar feature but not quite sure.

marstaton4

Does the camera recognize the card? Does it show remaining time left? Have you tried going from OSX to PC or the other way around.

Goodluck on recovering your data. I'm not sure if this had anything to do with your situation but on cards that have write protect switches it's a good habit to get into to write protect before you connect to anything other than your camera.