Obama vs McCain, it already over

Wideangle

Will you please tell me what you meant when you said "you aren't supposed to get caught"? Freddie Mercury
Freddie, God help you if you ever ended up in the military and you asked a superior
that question. He'd probably shoot you himself for shear stupidity.

Freddie Mercury

Freddie, God help you if you ever ended up in the military and you asked a superior
that question. He'd probably shoot you himself for shear stupidity.
I am arguing with a child. Instead of explaining why that was said, you decide to change the context and toss in some hyperbole.

Grip, in the context of talking about a soldier becoming a POW, said "you aren't supposed to get caught." The only reason to have said that was to suggest they they are wrong, failures, cowards, or something along those lines for becoming POWs. If you ask any of the thousands upon thousands of American veterans who have spent time in enemy prisons if they wanted to get caught, they might shoot YOU for shear stupidity.

You both obviously want the last word. I'll give it to you if you explain exactly why you stand behind those words in the context in which they were presented.

Grip

Why would I ask them if they wanted to get caught, were you just trying to think of something stupid to say?

Fact is, I respect their service, as I said.... but IF I were to ask something it would be, how many times did you think about what you could of done differently?

But I wouldn't ask that, unless it was someone parading around trying to claim glory from being a POW, that I just don't see.

Tippster

The Fly on the Wall
Although I don't have an opinion on whether or not capture, imprisonment, and torture makes you a hero or not, I'm pretty sure it's not a qualification for POTUS.

Seems that Wes Clarke agrees.

Alaska cameradude

Once again that was one vote, and it represented the largest investment in renewable sources of energy in the history of this country. Yeah there was money going back to big oil, and it wasnt perfect but it was a step in the right direction.

Now as far as Clinton.... yeah I dont think I would call someone a scumbag because he got a blowjob. The leader of the free world should have someone there for such services. And if you want to compare the two, I would say that neither are right, but cheating and abandoning the sick are two different things.

Keep in mind that McCain also just last week, paraded his wife on the same stage that a sixteen year old girl defiled herself with a cucumber. Yeah I want the next first lady to be Ms Buffolo Chip.

Freddie.... please give it up... I never said he should be ashamed, just not proud.
Well, just pointing out some facts, that's all. So Obama had another reason, other than giving money to big oil to vote for the bill. As I know from covering politics, that is often the way things are done, things are added into an unpopular bill to gain support. My point was only that it is POSSIBLE (I don't know enough about the particulars) that McCain may be able to say the same thing about some of the bills you say HE supported.....as in maybe he supported PART of the bill, but NOT the part you are ripping him for. Just saying it's possible.

And I wasn't calling Clinton a scumbag for getting a blowjob, I was calling him a scumbag for CHEATING ON HIS WIFE!!! You commented that "The leader of the free world should have someone there for such services"??????? And what exactly would the job description on that be? Hmmmm, I am now wondering if you made that comment tongue in cheek or not! My response would be that the 'someone' there for the leader of the free world to perform that 'service' would be....um....HIS WIFE.

And if she was too 'sick' to 'perform that service' I still don't think you should be cheating. (Ya some guys may actually think that gives McCain MORE of a reason to abandon his wife but I'm not one of them.) Sorry, to me that's wrong of both of them, and not the kind of person I want as president. You and others obviously don't think it's that big of a deal, well, at least not in Clinton's case. I think it IS a big deal in BOTH Clinton's case AND McCain's case. At least I am consistent.

Freddie Mercury

Why would I ask them if they wanted to get caught, were you just trying to think of something stupid to say?
Because by saying "you aren't supposed to get caught" you are suggesting they had control over their fate. I don't have to think of something stupid to say. You provide that.

Freddie Mercury

Although I don't have an opinion on whether or not capture, imprisonment, and torture makes you a hero or not, I'm pretty sure it's not a qualification for POTUS.

Seems that Wes Clarke agrees.
My opinion is being a prisoner does not make you a hero. I certainly would stop short of suggesting that a POW cannot be one, and I sure wouldn't suggest it is a reason for shame.