FYI: Stanton Jib Systems & Accessories Have No OEM Serial Numbers

prosheditor

I recently had alot of home electronics stolen from a storage unit facility & was lucky that only one production item was stolen among many others they didn't take. I also have a full-size Stanton Video Jimmy Jib System and the thieves popped the lock on the jib's electronics Pelican case but didn't take anything from it. I decided it was time to document the serial numbers for the entire system's components but when I called Stanton about why I couldn't find any on their gear, I was told that they don't and never have serialized any of their products or kit accessories. I couldn't believe it. So, if you have one of their jib systems or other products and any of it gets stolen & you didn't create your own ID marks for the police or insurance, you're out of luck.

Last edited:
I recently had alot of home electronics stolen from a storage unit facility & was lucky that only one production item was stolen among many others they didn't take. I also have a full-size Stanton Video Jimmy Jib System and the thieves popped the lock on the jib's electronics Pelican case but didn't take anything from it. I decided it was time to document the serial numbers for the entire system's components but when I called Stanton about why I couldn't find any on their gear, I was told that they don't and never have serialized any of their products or kit accessories. I couldn't believe it. So, if you have one of their jib systems or other products and any of it gets stolen & you didn't create your own ID marks for the police or insurance, you're out of luck.
get an engraving pen and a cheap sheet of sheet aluminum to practice on.