Finally, a job offer

paulisphotoman

Finally, got a very good job offer with video production company in North Carolina.
It's for Video Production Manager position. The money is very good, plus giving me money for a move. Company is based in Fayetteville, anyone been there, what is it like ?

I've never been to that part of the country. I'm over 40, single, no kids, so I probably will spent alot of time in Raleigh, but company is solid, great clients, great chance for me to get back into video production again.

Capt. Slo-mo

I'd drop Rick Allen a line (nautilusvideo is his member name here on the board). He lives in Fayetteville, and has for many years.

It's a military town with a large transient population as people and their families get posted. Some rough areas, many nice areas (like most medium towns). About 1.5 hours to many of NC's best beaches, lots of fishing and recreation.

It is the Deep South...so expect lots of bugs, humidity, southern hospitality leavened with some casual racism, and many opportunities for fried foods. It's also very verdant with mild winters.

AKinDC

Finally, got a very good job offer with video production company in North Carolina.
It's for Video Production Manager position. The money is very good, plus giving me money for a move. Company is based in Fayetteville, anyone been there, what is it like ?

I've never been to that part of the country. I'm over 40, single, no kids, so I probably will spent alot of time in Raleigh, but company is solid, great clients, great chance for me to get back into video production again.
Congrats!
Huh, a message apparently has to be at least ten characters, so congrats again!

Lensmith

Great to hear you're moving forward to your next life adventure!
Best to you and your new endeavors!
I know how hard you've worked to make this happen! ;)

paulisphotoman

Thanks everyone, AND another opportunity in TX just got a bite too, for same position.
I am NOW trying to get this offer too to see what will or won't happen, since TX IS where I want to be, but want to WORK above all.

paulisphotoman

The company in NC has 2 Reds, 1 Panasonic HVX200, plus Lowell lighting. I spoke with the two other opp's and they won't have any decisions for another week or so. I really don't think it'd be smart to decline NC and hope for TX. Since I spent 10 yrs in TX and never been to NC, it's a bit scary to wonder what it's like, but Raleigh is only an hour away.

Necktie Boy

Congrats!

We all know that you have been trying real hard to find a job. Sounds like the NC job will be good for you.

paulisphotoman

Thanks again, I was really hoping for TX but know this position was needed in order to get back in, use my skills plus learn. I have to accept or decline by Friday, so to me its a no brainer. Its been a very rough couple of years, so this is a very welcome offer

BluesCam

Congrats on your offers. It's tough to find a job at a good facility these days. Both
places have great barbecue!