DNC Protest, LIVE!!!

Jax

What he said. If you want to complain about Fox News being biased, don't turn around and quote something by a Berkley professor. That's what I'd call a bit hypocritical.
Just because someone is from Berkley doesn't mean they don't do good work -- especially studies submitted to major scientific journals for peer review........

Alaska cameradude

Just because someone is from Berkley doesn't mean they don't do good work -- especially studies submitted to major scientific journals for peer review........
And just because someone is from Fox News, doesn't mean they don't practice good journalism.....especially stories submitted to be viewed by national audiences for critical 'review' :)
Sorry, that one rolls both ways.

Jax

And just because someone is from Fox News, doesn't mean they don't practice good journalism.....especially stories submitted to be viewed by national audiences for critical 'review' :)
Sorry, that one rolls both ways.
I never said anything about Fox News and couldn't agree with you more. There are some good folks working over there.

smartcam

O.K. Jax, Michael Savage is a closet gay loony toon. Noone with any sense ever listened to David Duke. Rosie and Rosanne are celebrities and everyone believes celebrities. The other day Rosanne made Headline news railing on Laura Croft because she can't make up her mind. How is that News?

There is a simple point. Young people are almost always liberals because they don't have anything or any life experience. Once you grow up and see that what you work for goes down the pisser every year from taxes, you start to see that smaller government is better. A lot of people change their view on abortion after having their own children. The Gay thing is a non-issue. And when you've worked your whole life for pennies as an underpaid news photog and someone steals from you, you are more likely to put one to the head and two to the chest.

Oh, you want some names of stupid Liberals...Nancy Pelosi, Al Gore, Michael Moore,Every prostestor in that FOX Clip...You need more?
Jax, it takes more guts for me to be a conservative in 2008 than it does for you to go along with what you hear From Keith Olbermann...another loony Lib.
And, YES I will be labeled a Racist when I tell all my black friends that I didn't vote for Obama. Yet, my decision has nothing to do with his color.
I am truly judging him for the content of his character NOT his color.
BTW, Joe Biden... is out of control and will only hurt Obama.

pre-set

Sorry...the world isn't black and white. No. These people are not going to vote for Obama. Yes. They are liberals. Pre-Set has told us he is a conservative. That being so, he doesn't really like President Bush or for that matter, much of the Republican party. (Sorry Pre-set, correct me if I'm wrong.)

Pretty much right.

I feel something akin to sympathy for President Bush, really. That's not to say I'm completely behind him, though. I just think he's trying to do the best with what he's got. That said, I'm irritated at a bunch of things he's done/not done in his time. We still have illegals pouring over the border unchecked. And 1,000's of businesses employing them without consequence. We're still kissing Saudi ass for oil instead of developing a Manhattan Project-like program for new fuels we can create here. That it's easier for Enron to file bancruptcy and vanish than it would be for me. That GM is using NAFTA to build cars in Mexico and firing autoworkers in Michigan.

However, that being said, I'll give the man his due, also. We haven't had another attack since 9/11 despite all the Al Queda threats to do so again. And since protecting the country is Job #1 for the President, that counts for a lot, and wipes out a lot of negatives.

So in my book, he's breaking even.... just.

I wish, really wish, he could've been more like the guy I saw standing up on that firetruck ladder on Sept. 14, 2001, speaking to us through a megaphone. That guy was freakin' Winston Churchill. I don't know where that guy went.....

I'm not a "D", and don't really identify with party-line "R's" either. I consider myself "L", and I'm registered as an "I". Is that enough alphabet soup for now?

I heard something once that pretty much sums me up.

"A Republican is a Democrat who's been robbed. A Democrat is a Republican who's been arrested. A Libertarian is someone who got arrested by the cops he called to report being robbed".

And that's about it. I can't stand Dems because they can't stop trying to get their hands on my wallet and into my gun safe. I can't stand Repubs because they're too preoccupied with what's going on in my bedroom and with helping companies that employ Americans figure out new ways to f*ck their employees.

I don't think I'm alone in these sentiments, either, but for some reason or another, it doesn't seem to matter to these parties. You pick your poison if you wanna belong. Well, the Hell with that, I'm not picking sh!t....

Jax

O.K. Jax, Michael Savage is a closet gay loony toon. Noone with any sense ever listened to David Duke. Rosie and Rosanne are celebrities and everyone believes celebrities. The other day Rosanne made Headline news railing on Laura Croft because she can't make up her mind. How is that News?
It's not... Just as these protesters don't speak for the liberal left, neither does Roseanne or Rosie... Does Savage speak for you? Of course not. So we can continue to post these canards, but I’d rather post truths.

There is a simple point. Young people are almost always liberals because they don't have anything or any life experience. Once you grow up and see that what you work for goes down the pisser every year from taxes, you start to see that smaller government is better. A lot of people change their view on abortion after having their own children. The Gay thing is a non-issue. And when you've worked your whole life for pennies as an underpaid news photog and someone steals from you, you are more likely to put one to the head and two to the chest.
Or, like 60% of the country, you don't... You become a moderate and realize that the GOP is insane on social issues and the Dems are insane on fiscal issues... The big problem the GOP is facing is their lack of fiscal responsibility. That's why you're already seeing Dems getting elected in typical GOP strongholds...

Oh, you want some names of stupid Liberals...Nancy Pelosi, Al Gore, Michael Moore,Every prostestor in that FOX Clip...You need more?
Again, we can play this pissing match all day. There are insane people on each side, like Larry Craig and David Vittner.

Jax, it takes more guts for me to be a conservative in 2008 than it does for you to go along with what you hear From Keith Olbermann...another loony Lib.
Of course it does... It takes serious guts to be on the wrong side of every major policy since Jesus was turning water into wine.

And, YES I will be labeled a Racist when I tell all my black friends that I didn't vote for Obama. Yet, my decision has nothing to do with his color.
I am truly judging him for the content of his character NOT his color.
Vote for whoever you want. If your friends label you a racist, I suspect they aren't friends.

BTW, Joe Biden... is out of control and will only hurt Obama.
VP's are supposed to be attack dogs. I think it's fun.

Alaska cameradude

Or, like 60% of the country, you don't... You become a moderate and realize that the GOP is insane on social issues and the Dems are insane on fiscal issues... The big problem the GOP is facing is their lack of fiscal responsibility. That's why you're already seeing Dems getting elected in typical GOP strongholds..

Of course it does... It takes serious guts to be on the wrong side of every major policy since Jesus was turning water into wine.
Do you say both of the above? The first one sounds reasonable and balanced....GOP is wrong on some things and the Dems are wrong on some things, ya, I'd think the majority of the country would agree with you on that one, a totally sensible rational thing to say. And then you say, that the conservatives have been on the wrong side of every major policy? Hmmmm....I'm not sure that I'd say they have been on the wrong side of EVERY major policy. Surely there has been ONE instance of conservatives being on the right side of an issue considering your first statement?

smartcam

"And if you want to get into a pissing match about whose side has the craziest followers, I'm game..."
Jax, You are like that little kid that talks a big game and then runs away to hide behind his mommy.
Don't start it if you can't bring it.
This is as much fun for me as it is you. Let's Play!

Jax

Do you say both of the above? The first one sounds reasonable and balanced....GOP is wrong on some things and the Dems are wrong on some things, ya, I'd think the majority of the country would agree with you on that one, a totally sensible rational thing to say. And then you say, that the conservatives have been on the wrong side of every major policy? Hmmmm....I'm not sure that I'd say they have been on the wrong side of EVERY major policy. Surely there has been ONE instance of conservatives being on the right side of an issue considering your first statement?
Today, the majority of the country is moderate. Doesn't change the fact that conservatives have been against every major human right for generations...

Jax

"And if you want to get into a pissing match about whose side has the craziest followers, I'm game..."
Jax, You are like that little kid that talks a big game and then runs away to hide behind his mommy.
Don't start it if you can't bring it.
This is as much fun for me as it is you. Let's Play!
Did you start posting names or did I? Just to refresh your memory...

smartcam said:
Also, crazy idiots like Rosanne Barr, Rosie O'Donnell and Joe Biden are all LIbs!
Posting the names of outrageous celebs is a game. It's foolish and gets you nowhere. The crazies on my side don't represent my views, just as the crazies on your side don't represent yours... That said, you started this. If you want to keep going, fine with me... It's a stupid exercise in futility, but that shouldn't discourage you...

Also, Jax...Please stop assuming that I am a Republican.
At what point did I say you were? I believe you are conservative, but that doesn't have to align with any party.

Jax

His/her first responsibility is to uphold, defend, and enforce the laws and rights granted under the Constitution. I believe there is a hefty price we have to pay for freedom and everytime we allow our rights to be widdled away in the name of security, more and more of this great country, as our founded fathers intended, dies slowly. Giving up our freedoms for security is essentially waiving the white flag to our enemies and saying we surrender the very ideals that make us who we are as a country. That I can not support.
This warms my heart SVP. Try not to puke, but I agree wholeheartedly with what you just wrote.

Alaska cameradude

Today, the majority of the country is moderate. Doesn't change the fact that conservatives have been against every major human right for generations...
Now I may be wrong here, but I think the conservatives were for freeing the (southern) slaves. Course that was a long time ago. I however thought you said conservatives were wrong on every major POLICY not human rights issue....I was thinking of economic policies, foreign policies....stuff like that. They've definitely been wrong there too, but I don't think they've been wrong EVERY time for generations in every major policy.

Alaska cameradude

svp;202748 I fundamentally disagree with you on one point and its ok if you disagree. I'm not trying to change your mind or thinking said:
That's something I would agree with too. As has been said, when we give up our freedoms in the name of security, we deserve neither. Democrats tend to want the government into our business on certain things, but Republicans are not blameless here as they seem to bring out the 'security' buzzword as excuses to get the government in all kinds of things they don't need to be in, in the guise of 'protecting us'. I know a fisherman who flew to Seattle after a good season. He went through the scanner in the airport and was promptly arrested. It appears the scanner showed he had a large amount of cash. Seems the good law enforcement officers in Seattle couldn't comprehend that a person could have that much cash unless it was ill gotten and so he was in jail for awhile and his money taken until he could reach his captain (who was out of phone range for awhile) to verify the money was earned fishing. From what I hear he has a lawsuit pending against them now. Not sure of what happened to innocent until proven guilty, but as far as I know, it's not against the law to carry around cash.....there are many jobs here in Alaska that still pay cash. That kind of thing is one of the many 'security' measures the Republicans have brought us that I think totally suck.

Jax

Now I may be wrong here, but I think the conservatives were for freeing the (southern) slaves. Course that was a long time ago. I however thought you said conservatives were wrong on every major POLICY not human rights issue....I was thinking of economic policies, foreign policies....stuff like that. They've definitely been wrong there too, but I don't think they've been wrong EVERY time for generations in every major policy.
Indeed, every major policy. That said, I lump major policies as voting rights, race issues, etc. Tax policy doesn't matter.

Freeing the southern slaves was inherently a liberal position... But that said, the Republican platform was also rather liberal (liberal immigration policy, full American rights to any solider of any race, speedy construction of the railroad :).)

Lensmith

I don't usually post on this part of B-Roll...but since this thread originally was on the general section, I saw it and had to wonder about something.

The original post that started this thread linked to the fox broadcast.

My question, because the sequence of events isn't clear to me, is this.

Did Fox go live because they knew they'd get a reaction?

Probably a stupid question on my part since to me the obvious answer is yes if one sees this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em27qeJIB18

Maybe I am mistaken but I believe this incident I've linked to happened earlier in the demonstration route because during the live broadcast the reporter makes reference to an earlier incident.

An incident, it seems, didn't happen quite as strongly during their live shot as it did before.

I'm not saying Fox necessarily did anything wrong...but it does help me understand why the reporter, during the live shot in the broadcast link, seemed to be a little unnecessarily antagonistic in my opinion.

Baltimore Shooter

Like the one protester said, "It isn't news, it's opinionated bulls**t. It's public relations for the government".

Yep, that about sums up Fox News.

Warren

Duffy

This stunt and others just like it that morning were staged. I saw him trying to talk to Ward Churchill earlier and was pushed back by the protesters security. This reporter knew that he would receive that type of reaction from the crowd. So going into a crowd that hates Fox News, and asking what do you stand for? The protesters chanting F*CK FOX NEWS. Made it look like they were hiding from their own views and beliefs. He got the reaction he was looking for. But it was STAGED FOR THE CAMERA.