DNC Protest, LIVE!!!

pre-set

I'd say that's about 100% of what I would expect to happen from that crowd. I'm glad they "got the coverage they deserve", though. It helps to keep those (correct and accurate) stereotypes alive and well.

js0000

How much makeup did that blonde anchor have on? It looked like she'd been sprayed by a crop duster.

Last edited:

patssle

Embarassing for Fox? Maybe. But lots of people are going to watch that clip. Those people acted pretty stupid as well, it doesn't help their cause. Fox did what they do best, got the left to act stupid and make some ratings.

Interesting note: One of the signs in the video is "FISA = Fascism"

Obama voted for FISA.

patssle

Because the Democrats have failed to do what they promised. They continue the blank check for the war. They do nothing about energy.

Bush cannot sign the bills he signs without Congress passing legislation. Congress = Democrats.

The Democrats also passed FISA (which Obama voted for).

Baltimore Shooter

Do you actually trust what Fox puts on the air? They constantly super Obama as "Osama", except when they supered with "Obama Baby Momma Drama", they suddenly didn't spell it wrong then. Fox probably hired a bunch of actors to create a fake protest.

Fox, yeah like that's 'real' news...

Warren

Sorry...the world isn't black and white. No. These people are not going to vote for Obama. Yes. They are liberals. Pre-Set has told us he is a conservative. That being so, he doesn't really like President Bush or for that matter, much of the Republican party. (Sorry Pre-set, correct me if I'm wrong.) This is what I've written on other posts about before, the tiny splinter that Americans see of the entire political spectrum.

I quit posting some time ago on these "political threads" here in the uncensored section. I think most of you really just like yammering back and forth. And that's fine. I just don't want to be a part of it. So many times, I've read the stuff on here and got ready to post, but just couldn't do it. Too much close-mindedness and uncivil discourse. I didn't have the energy to try and engage a conversation that might take a while to play out. I guess it is just easier to throw out the "whackos, cowards, Nazi, Commies" labels. I'm not trying to be all high and mighty, my standards aren't that high, but do ya'll really plan on doing this same crap up to November?

Anyhow, I hope you don't think I'm being curt with you SVP. But I thought this was worth replying to, because you seemed honestly confused. It seems you might be a bit on the conservative side, a republican maybe? I dunno. Anyhow, if that is so...I encourage you to learn about the libertarian Party. Look past the Republicans and Democrats that tie down this whole "democracy". If you are somewhat "conservative" or "Republican", then learning about the Libertarians might give you some sense of where these protesters are coming from on the other side of things.

Baltimore Shooter

The Fox anchor says "This group saying they want to recrate '68, which is a reference to the 1968 riots that took place." I didn't hear anyone saying that. Looks like Fox News is putting words in the mouths of the protesters. No one there said that that I heard. The only thing about that statement that is true is that there were riots in 1968, that's it. Fox News is the one that looks pretty stupid in that clip. They always try to take what a Democrat says and twist it around on them.

Like I said in the other DNC Convention thread in the Unsensored thread, "They constantly super Obama as "Osama", except when they supered with "Obama Baby Momma Drama", they suddenly didn't spell it wrong then. Fox probably hired a bunch of actors to create a fake protest. Fox, yeah like that's 'real' news..."

That was just a lame attempt by Fox News to throw some dirt on the Democrats but the protesters saw through their shannagians. C'mon Fox, go out and find some real news. Maybe O.J. can help too.

After seeing that, I want a t-shirt that says "F**k Fox News"!

Warren

Go Daddy

This one's easy.

Osama (might as well be his name) picked a man to be his ruining mate who told the world the truth, he isn't ready to be president. I wouldn't hire the radical loon to mow my yard without security watching his every move. Left wing loons just need to be angry and whine. I doubt seriously they even know they are at the DNC. Like most liberals, they probably think this is where the gument cheese is being handed out and they haven't found it so they're pissed.

Go Daddy

Give a left wing loon a stage...

and you see what happens. The more light you put on these roaches the better. Thank you Fox.

Freddie Mercury

The Fox anchor says "This group saying they want to recrate '68, which is a reference to the 1968 riots that took place." I didn't hear anyone saying that. Looks like Fox News is putting words in the mouths of the protesters. No one there said that that I heard. The only thing about that statement that is true is that there were riots in 1968, that's it. Fox News is the one that looks pretty stupid in that clip. They always try to take what a Democrat says and twist it around on them.
Recreate '68 is the name of their organization. They have a website and as far as I can tell aren't necessarily made up of Democrats. Your glass house needs some repairs.

Jax

Osama (might as well be his name) picked a man to be his ruining mate who told the world the truth, he isn't ready to be president. I wouldn't hire the radical loon to mow my yard without security watching his every move. Left wing loons just need to be angry and whine. I doubt seriously they even know they are at the DNC. Like most liberals, they probably think this is where the gument cheese is being handed out and they haven't found it so they're pissed.
Confident, resilient, self-reliant kids grow up to be liberals; Whiny children: conservatives...

Mar. 19, 2006. 10:45 AM
KURT KLEINER
SPECIAL TO THE STAR

Remember the whiny, insecure kid in nursery school, the one who always thought everyone was out to get him, and was always running to the teacher with complaints? Chances are he grew up to be a conservative.

At least, he did if he was one of 95 kids from the Berkeley area that social scientists have been tracking for the last 20 years. The confident, resilient, self-reliant kids mostly grew up to be liberals.

The study from the Journal of Research Into Personality isn't going to make the UC Berkeley professor who published it any friends on the right. Similar conclusions a few years ago from another academic saw him excoriated on right-wing blogs, and even led to a Congressional investigation into his research funding.

Freddie Mercury

Mayormustard, I agree with your point. I tend to have conservative views, mostly on economic issues, and I don't see a dime's worth of difference between the parties or the candidates. Obama is at least honest about what he's about mostly. McCain says some things to try to make conservatives feel better about him, but I guarantee if he is elected (doubt that seriously) he will immediately reveal just how liberal he is. He needs to just pick Lieberman as his running mate and come out of the closet.

Jax: I don't know what "Star" published that, but I don't have much confidence in your so-called study. It's pretty unscientific just on principle. They feel qualified to label these kids and put them into categories based on whose observations and over what period of time? Sounds like a bunch of crap whipped up by people who knew the conclusion before they started.

Jax

Jax: I don't know what "Star" published that, but I don't have much confidence in your so-called study. It's pretty unscientific just on principle. They feel qualified to label these kids and put them into categories based on whose observations and over what period of time? Sounds like a bunch of crap whipped up by people who knew the conclusion before they started.
Toronto Star. It's not on their website anymore but the story can be found in full from various sources.

It's the second time someone has done that study... Both with the same results.

Wideangle

Look, I'm here and have been to every convention since 92'.
These kids are the same ones who showed up in LA in 2000,
the same ones who show up in DC for the World Bank Meetings. Nothing that could be done would please them,
and they represent a variety of issues rather than one "coherent" message. The sad part is that we give them any
coverage because that just encourages them. To say they represent the Democratic Party is like saying the Klan
represents the Republican Party. Besides, there is such a huge show of force here by the police that it would be insane for them to start something...but then given what you're dealing with here..anything could happen. I know that in LA in 2000 they didn't
put up with any of them, confining them to a caged protest area.
Same thing in Boston in 2004. They won't let them near the
Pepsi Center so they're marching up and down and around the 16th street prominade area here in Denver...surrounded by the cops.

Chicago Dog

These kids are the same ones who showed up in LA in 2000, the same ones who show up in DC for the World Bank Meetings. Nothing that could be done would please them, and they represent a variety of issues rather than one "coherent" message. The sad part is that we give them any
coverage because that just encourages them.
Ding, ding, ding! These kids have absolutely no idea what they're marching for.

I don't care what mic flag you're sporting. If any of them had an idea or truly cared, they'd take advantage of the opportunity presented to them. They could've found a much more eloquent way of embarrassing FNC instead of embarrassing themselves.

Instead of voicing an opinion they supposedly support, they decided it would be a better idea to let the f-bombs and middle fingers fly.

Sorry, but it wasn't FNC that looked stupid in this situation.

smartcam

KURT KLEINER
SPECIAL TO THE STAR

Remember the whiny, insecure kid in nursery school, the one who always thought everyone was out to get him, and was always running to the teacher with complaints? Chances are he grew up to be a conservative.

At least, he did if he was one of 95 kids from the Berkeley area that social scientists have been tracking for the last 20 years. The confident, resilient, self-reliant kids mostly grew up to be liberals.

The study from the Journal of Research Into Personality isn't going to make the UC Berkeley professor who published it any friends on the right. Similar conclusions a few years ago from another academic saw him excoriated on right-wing blogs, and even led to a Congressional investigation into his research funding.

Jax, now you are just being dumb. Of all the bitchin about Fox News and you come in with some propaganda put out by Berkeley. You are reaching way out on this one.
Liberals are truly the paranoid conspiracists. Libs think that our Government was behind Sept. 11th. They think G.W. is lining his pockets with war money. They all think that if you don't vote for Obama you are a Racist.
I could go on and on.
Also, crazy idiots like Rosanne Barr, Rosie O'Donnell and Joe Biden are all LIbs!

Alaska cameradude

KURT KLEINER
SPECIAL TO THE STAR

Jax, now you are just being dumb. Of all the bitchin about Fox News and you come in with some propaganda put out by Berkeley. You are reaching way out on this one.
Liberals are truly the paranoid conspiracists. Libs think that our Government was behind Sept. 11th. They think G.W. is lining his pockets with war money. They all think that if you don't vote for Obama you are a Racist.
I could go on and on.
Also, crazy idiots like Rosanne Barr, Rosie O'Donnell and Joe Biden are all LIbs!
What he said. If you want to complain about Fox News being biased, don't turn around and quote something by a Berkley professor. That's what I'd call a bit hypocritical.

patssle

How can you do a study and stop at age 23-25? Most people are liberal in college, so not much is going to change there. But once these kids actually graduate from college and join the real world and experience real world things, they are a lot more likely to change over to the conservative side than during college.

Jax

I could go on and on.
If you'll notice, I was making a joke about GoDaddy's pissing and moaning...

Your three examples of liberals are all foolish. People from both sides of the aisle think the U.S. is behind 9/11 (a disgusting position...) Simple financial disclosures prove Bush isn't lining his pockets with war money. And the last is a simple lie.

And if you want to get into a pissing match about whose side has the craziest followers, I'm game... I'll start with Michael Savage and David Duke...