Written SOP?

JTFCM

Just wondering how many Chiefs have a written SOP for their shooters and what it may include.

I wrote one waaaaay back in 2003 and offered it to other chiefs for review. Some liked it, others thought I was an idiot. Basically, I wrote it to ease the new photog's transition into my station (in 2003, my turnover was 3 or 4 photogs a month due to other stations hiring them away). I included such mundane things like how to call in sick, where the car wash was located, a vague dress code (no shorts with holes, etc). I kept it vague on purpose because being too detailed meant constant changes. I had the handbook approved by the ND, HR and the GM before I gave it out to cover my butt. It really seemed to help- the only hitch was to make sure they read it because 95% of their questions were answered by the handbook. If they asked a question covered by what I wrote, I just asked them "It's in the handbook- did you read it?". After getting that answer from me a few times, they usually read it within a day or so and their life (and mine) got easier.

JTFCM

Thanks Randy. I knew I wasn't crazy and that I had seen someone post a message about it! Would you be willing to share a copy with me if you still have it? Stevec119@yahoo.com