wireless video solution

Focused

I came across a neat little gadget I have to talk about.

Wisecomm is a security and monitoring company. They make and market different camera systems for all sorts of needs. They have a model (CW3510) that is a 1/3 in chip color camera, with a 2.4 GHz transmitter built into the camera. It's about the size of a Twinkie. It is packaged with a reciever that hooks up to any monitor via RCA cables. The reciever is the same size as a piece of bread. The package sells for $65 bucks. Not believing the price I bought it to test it. This thing is amazing.

It offers a 400 foot range, line of sight, for transmission of video and audio. I have not tested the 400 foot part yet, but the camera has a rechargeable lithium battera in it so i took it for a walk around the station. I went about 200 feet and only lost the signal after turning down my 4th hallway. Not bad for line of sight. The battery says it will last for 5 hours after a 2 hour charge. Color is pretty good. It has LED's for "night vision" and it has a condensor mic built in.

What will it do for me? Well, I have been looking at wireless video units so clients can see the shot when I am moving in tight places. This thing is small enough it can me mounted on my rig with a clamp. As long as the client is viewing within 100 yards we should be good! I have more testing to do but am excited about the results and the cost! If this thing can hold up it should be a great tool. I did go to www.wisecomm.com to get some more info and did not find this model on their site. I did buy it at Sam's Club so it may be a promotional item with a short life span. Good luck.